Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Ideas for January

Looking to take a 2-3 week trip in January, providing we can get out of our own driveway. Looking for someplace warm, at least warmer than MO. Looking at western Texas or maybe southern New Mexico. Have no desire to cross over into Mexico. Any su...

Late fall camping MA/VT/NY/NH/CT

We are new to RV camping (life long tent campers). We picked up a 2015 Roo 21DK hybrid in June. We are loving it. Our hope was to get out another time or two before having to winterize. Anyone have suggestions for places to go that are open past Octo...

Universal studios impressions

Raised covered parking (20.00) for a motorcycle. Easy access to the park. X-ray scanners for back packs etc... Most of the attractions and the waiting areas are indoors with A/C! Fast moving lines, less expensive than disney, first impressions are ...

suprz by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Colorado near Estes...what now?

We will be meeting friends for a week in Estes Park beginning Sept 23. Got a chance to head out a few days early so almost to the Colorado line and wanting input on where you'd go near Estes if you had an extra 5 days. We would love a quiet campgro...

Nevada

What is a good place to camp and fish in Nevada in October? I have a 30' trailer.

Campgrounds Near Hershey

My niece will be in a dance competition at Hershey next July so we are looking for campgrounds in the area. They'll be staying at a hotel in Hershey but we have the freedom to camp further away since we'll probably only watch her perform only one da...

U.S.Naval Academy camping

Our son is in his junior year at the U.S. Naval Academy and as I have been searching Google Earth for campgrounds on the eastern shore of Maryland I see that there is a campground at the U.S. Naval Ship Research and Development Center. Can anyone pro...

NEnative by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Fairy Stone SP

OK! On our way last week to Fairy Stone SP, from St. Louis, MO, and while in northern GA, Irma threatened. Changed plans and headed west and ended up in Hot Springs NP. My question is this: We're determined to get to Fairy Stone SP and plan on going ...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Good campground close to Penn State?

Hi Everybody. Looking for a good campground as close to Penn State Main Campus (State College, PA, Centre County) as I can. My daughter is graduating from there in the Spring, and hotel prices are absolutely outrageous. Since we have the motorhom...

Danpaine by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Painted Desert AZ

So I am planning a long trip for us...NC to TX for San Antonio and then on to Painted Desert AZ, ok with SA on cgs but in AZ not sure what destination area is best for the desert. Is there a certain 'go to area' around the desert that I should be ta...

Siesta Beach on Gulf side of Fl

My wife's sisters want to have Thanksgiving at a beach front house one of them has rented at Thanksgiving. Any recommended rv parks in the area as I want to travel slow & see something's along the way from/to Texas.

sayoung by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Popular Snowbird Park hit in Umatilla RV's destroyed

This is a very popular Snowbird RV park in Florida. I watched the live video footage on the news a few minutes ago. RV's just blown apart.:(""Officials also reported that numerous RV's were damaged at the Old Mill Stream Mobile Home Park."" http://ww...