Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

White mountain National forest

Can anyone recommend a campground in the national forest? There seems to be so many-- too much info .. We will be travelling in a MH with a dog.Late Sept early october.Thanks

yaya by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Fairy Stone SP

Heading to Fairy Stone SP early Sept. And plan to "hunt" for "Fairy Stones". Has anyone ever done this with any success? If so, any tips hints or suggestions? Or worse case scenario how much are they at the local gift shop. Gotta have one to bring ho...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Glacier NP

Per the NP website it looks like there currently is one forest fire (Sprague Fire) inside the park and several outside. I am not finding info on smoke and haze. With my asthma I do not want to eat smoke. Any info is helpful and appreciated as we are ...

jamesu by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to find Forest Service campgrounds?

Can't seem to find a good website. Would like a good place to search for campgrounds that take our Senior pass. Specifically we want something in Montana maybe around Missoula to butte. Any suggestions?

DC_MC by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

First hand update on Hunting Island, SC campground

Just got back from a day trip for a look see. Awful! I am sure a lot of work has been done but there is still a lot to do. The wooded side is open but there are large pools of water all around with flooding in the roads. They did have a large rain st...

Hunker Down in Texas Gulf

Wow, just reading the news and wondering and working about the campgrounds, churches and restaurants we visited the past two winters on Mustang Island. Hoping things don't get too bad for all those folks. It's looking pretty bad in news reports. H...

Grand Tetons; need a campground recommendation

We're going to be visiting the Grand Tetons next summer for 3 days beginning on July 3rd. Looking for recommendations on good campgrounds in the area with full hookups. We've got a 35 ft TT and a 40 ft 5er will also be with us.

Ron3rd by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving TT from GA to FL

DH & I will need to move our TT from the N.GA mountains to the FL panhandle in November. Since we don't have a truck now, we're puzzling out how to go about moving it or having it moved. I'm going to see if there are any rental places nearby that w...

New Jersey

Want to visit NJ coastline, not interested in Atlantic City.Any rv campground suggestions. We have a 5th wheel and 2 dogs.

Lake Havasu fishing

Going to be at Lake Havasu this December and wondering about fishing opportunities there. My search so far has turned up large and smallmouth bass and strippers. What methods are popular there to catch fish this time of year? Are there any charters...

Pony Express RV Resort in Salt Lake City??

Has anyone stayed at the Pony Express RV Resort in Salt Lake City? We're looking to stay one night in that area as we move on to other places. Would be July 3rd, so might be crowded? Might have a 2 or 3 night minimum that time of year?

Ron3rd by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes