Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Koreshan re-opening (SW Florida)

If you wish to head to Florida this winter, here is an opportunity. Koreshan State Historical site's campground will re-open Dec 15. Reservations may now be made on Reserve America. The park staff told me that water and electrical were upgrade...no...

Cave Run Lake

We're hoping to pick up our new Phoenix Cruiser (in March) and on the return trip home (St. Louis) stop at Cave Run Lake, Ky, which I believe is a Corp lake. Any way there are two different sites I am interested in staying at one or the other: Twin K...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip to Alberta & British Columbia July 2017

Plan on traveling to northwestern states this summer. From Kalispell, Montana area we want to drive up to the Banff area for several days and then make our way down to Vancouver for a few days. Would like suggestions on RV campgrounds in Banff or Ca...

Beverly Beach Fl campground

We are here enjoying and trying not to feel guilty about weather up north and home in NC. Community in area called Indian Trails near here. Seems like I saw member from there. Checking out rentals and looked interesting thought someone might give me ...

Tahquamenon Falls SP

We are making reservations for mid-June. I know...the weather will be a bit cold, but that is vacation time this summer.I was there in 2003 and cannot remember which CG I stayed in. I'm almost 100% sure it was paved sites. I'm looking for CG suggesti...

Internet usage on the road

We are dreaming of becoming snowbirds, hopefully next year. My question is how and where do you do internet banking such as transferring money and checking accounts. This past summer we went on an extended road trip and had things set up before and w...

Outer Banks

All-We are looking into an Outer Banks camping vacation in June 2017. We would like to stay beachside if possible. I found the Hatteras KOA and Camp Hatteras however the sites look very close together. The state parks don't have any hook-ups which...

bgradert by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Any health insurance tips for snowbirders?

Hey gang, this may have been discussed by I don't frequent the forum enough to have seen anything recent.We have a home in two states, in our case Tennessee and Texas, and split our time equally between them. Previously we were on BCBS which offered ...

October festivals, Va & W Va

We are going to be spending a couple of weeks traveling in Va and W. Va.in October Looking to spend sometime at some Fall Festivals. Any type.Anybody know any good ones.

Germania by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Middle Arkansas recommendations, please

Rather have scenic sites, full hook ups, quiet and peaceful, no train tracks nearby please :). Do not require pull throughs. Cycling and fishing a plus but not necessary. Day trips to nice restaurants, quaint towns (Little Rock ok), shows. Thanks in ...

DRbillZ by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Motel near Charlotte NC

Heading to Florida first week of January. Planning on stopping for the night in the Charlotte area. Can anyone recommend a motel close to I77 that is inexpensive, clean, safe and where we can park a 42'fifth wheel and tow vehicle? Tall order I kno...

VinnyP by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Savannah, GA

It's that time of year (for us) to start making plans for next summer's vacation.A couple year's ago, we traveled to Charleston, Sc and loved it. We've been tossing Savannah, Ga around as a destination. Never been there but I've been told that it's a...

Reading the tea leaves: a new era for public lands?

What effects will the new administration have on RVers who camp in the national parks and national forests? (This post is emphatically not about politics – if you want to rant about the next president or the current one, please feel free to start an...

Ark encounter?

Anyone been to this in Williamstown, KY? How much time should we allow?

shayerk by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Henry Ford Museum

Looks like a well worthwhile place to spend a day.Suggestions for area CGs? Nothing seems to be very near.

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes