Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Florida Keys in May

Would like to be as close to Key West as possible May/June. Any suggestions on where we might be able to get a site? W/E necessary, would love a sewered site if possible. Looking for 4-5 days, very flexible as to when. 34'MH with 2 slides. Thank...

Ft. Meyers Gulf Waters RV Resort vs. Woodsmoke

Been reading reviews. Looks like Woodsmoke more campground atmosphere and Gulf Waters more elegant high end. Will be traveling with 16 & 14 year olds. Any feedback on staying in month of June as well as staying long term adult only in winter.

Esacnj by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Average Monthly Cost-Electricity When Snowbirding Nov-March

Effective 4/30/2016, the wife retires and we begin our extensive long timing episode. We will be staying in our 2004 Newmar 40ft MH at one of the yet to be decided 55+ parks in the RGV from Nov(2016)-Mid March(2017)and would like some input on possi...

JC2 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Oracle Ariz state park

Has anyone attended a star party at Oracle state parkThey have no camping area.Can you stay overnite anywhere?Star party is next sat.

RWDIII by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondocking in the suburbs of Washington, DC

We're planning a trip to the DC area and want to try "true boondocking" in the DC suburbs with fairly easy access to the DC Metro. The purpose of our trip is to see the sites in DC (museums, etc.),and not for "camping" as such. I've compiled a list o...

VE3ESN by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Thousand Trails

Have read both good and not. What do you fine folks have to say? Planning a 2 month trip to Cal. and other Southwest areas. The price seems too good; how are the parks in that region? How is getting a site? Reservations? Suitability for a 40' coach? ...

Find Campground on Specific Route/Highway?

Hi all! We're taking a road trip this summer from the Bay Area of California to the Albuquerque area for a family reunion. I'm hoping to find a campground approximately halfway in between for us to spend a night. I can't find a website that allows...

Sleeping Bear Dunes / Platte River

All-We are planning a 5 night stay at Platte River Campground in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park in late June. Is there enough to do around that area to keep the kids entertained for 5 nights?

Yellowstone RV length limits

We are looking to rent an RV to go to Yellowstone. The only RV sites that are available for reservation are 30' sites, or less...but the RV we're looking to rent is either 31' or 32'. Anyone have any experience with fitting an RV in a spot that is ...

hdharrop by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

New campgrounds in Delaware and Virginia

Has anyone heard anything about the new campgrounds in Delaware and Virginia? These 2 campgrounds are affiliated with The Castaways in Maryland. I think they are supposed to open this summer. Massey Landing in Delaware.Sunset Beach in Virginia.

Rolo2 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Wash near Indio?

:h Might anyone know where I can get my 5th wheel washed near Indio, Ca?We've been out in the desert for 4 months, need I say more.It can't be a do it yourself as I have a bum leg.Thanks in advance for any info.:B

Lackland AFB camping

We have a nephew graduating in late April so looking for a place to stay. I have been looking with RVParky and RV Park Reviews and from the reviews Hidden Valley RV Park looks like the best place for us. Reviews look good and it is pretty close to ...

04fxsts by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes