Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Monthly Rent Wrong

what would you do if the rate sheet the RV park gave you last year said what the rate would be for this year and then they end up charging you a higher rate, also there are people in the park paying the rate that was advertised. The different being $...

Things to do along I 75 FL to ON

We are going to the FMC Rally in Perry GA (March 17-20) on our way home to Ontario from Florida on I 75. We don't want to go directly home as it will still be cold in Ontario. We have to be home by April 12 and will be spending about a week with fam...

Falcon35 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping off I84 in Idaho Help.

Lost the directions and name of a camping spot just north of Utah. I think it was the first exit in Utah on I84 then double back into Idaho to a little lake. Can't find it anywhere. If anyone can help it would sure be appreciated.

Long Key State Park max size changes

So I was recently checking my reservation at Long Key and saw that the max vehicle size for my site was 30'. Oops...did I make a big mistake? My 35' isn't even close!Turns out that I did not. They have changed their max vehicle lengths for at least s...

NHIrish by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondocking near Reno?

Hi everyone,I was looking for some suggestions on desert boondocking sites (out of town) within about a 1/2 hour of Reno. Not sure if theres any abandoned mines or other attractions but those are always fun... Does anyone know of any neat spots lik...

Lost Alaskan RV Park, Alpine, Texas

Planning a trip to Big Bend area in March. Looking at Lost Alaskan RV Park as a place to stay for about a week. Looks good on the website but I would like any info from someone who has stayed there or knows anything about it. Thanks in advance.

Our first RV trip... we decided Colorado?? Must see what???

Hi we just bought our first TT and are going full time.. Our first trip will be in June till next October then home to Houston area... We want to stay a month at each place so we can get sites cheaper.. Any suggestions as to Campsites are areas to vi...

PatRenee by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Frontier Land or Castaway campground?

We have 3 kids 1 10 and 2 6 year olds and want to try going south. We are leaning towards Frontier Land for the water park over Castaway. But we are open to suggestions.Thanks Bobby

rb71 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Monthly site rental periods question

DW and I are ready (next winter) to stay a month at each of two snowbird parks. Which parks, to be determined. So my generic question is, is the monthly rate always from the 1st of a month? Or Could we rent say 1/15 to 2/15?

Between Charleston SC and Savannah GA

Hello! We currently have a reservation at Hunting Island State park for a 2 week vacation trip in August. What I'm hearing is that the Mosquitos are bad at that time of year and I'm just wondering if we should book somewhere else instead???With tha...

Fort Davis, Tx

Has anyone stayed at Overland Trail Campground and RV Park. I do know that they are a Passport America CG. Any comments would be helpful. We will stay in Fort Davis for a week or two

Eyeland by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio

All,The kids are bugging me about taking them to Cedar Point this summer. I have been looking into camping spots and found East Bay SP, Sandusky KOA and Lighthouse Point. Lighthouse Point looks nice but it is over 100.00 per night. KOA and East Ba...

bgradert by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Zion and Bryce NP camping quesstion

Mr. Spontaneity here. This Friday, I will be swapping out my behemoth 34' Rockwood on a brand-new Winnebago View 24M in Phoenix. I still have a week before I have to head home. Plan (in my head at least) is to head to Zion and Bryce Canyon for abo...

Gsturner by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes