Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Riverside Pines campground, Chestertown, NY

It's a good thing, I believe, to post a review of a really enjoyable campground stay. This was a pass through visit, traveling home to MD from Montreal. A nice late summer one night stay, in the Adirondacks. First, the staff was friendly and accom...

Mobile to Tallahassee, things to see and do?

My wife and I were thinking of spending 2 or 3 days along the Florida Panhandle's coastline. Amazingly, she has never yet seen the ocean, so we would like to change that. Coming from OK and planning to hit the coast at Mobile, then proceed eastward...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas in January

Just now looking at possibly going South from Missouri to Texas for a week or two in January. How far South do you need to go for fairly warm weather? Will we be able to find places to stay at this late date. Not looking for activities just somep...

Rv parks just north of atlanta

Wondering if someone can recommend rv park just north of Atlanta for an overnight on way south. Have need for pull thru for fifth wheel. Many of reviews don't seem that good. Wondering about Holiday Harbor Marina and Campground.

Has it been a cold winter so far, in the west?

I know, el nino.I've been watching the temperatures in Quartzite, Palm Springs, etc., thinking I might go there some future year. And they seem on the cold side! I see freezes in the forecast later this week. Is this normal for the area?

Naio by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

The Palms RV Resort in Yuma

Hello Folks:Will be heading down to Yuma this winter for the first time. Have looked at RV Park reviews and also Good Sam to try narrow down the options.I was wondering if anybody has any personal experience with The Palms RV Resort?Also how about th...

Ruralgas by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

New Years camping in PA, MD DE, NJ???

Does anyone know of a campground within 2-3 hours of Philadelphia that's open AND has something planned for New Years? We have a backup location, but would like to find something special for the kids.

RVcircus by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Room down south

We have relatives that visit from Australia for Christmas so we get a late start every year. How much trouble will we have finding a spot this year?? Like it around the Ocala- Tampa area. Anyone already there see any open spots?

blknomad by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone stayed in Cg 3, #136 at Roaring river state park

I'm looking at going to Roaring river in Missouri in April. I've stayed in CG #2 before but want to be closer to the water. Looking at spot #136 on google earth it looks like a nice spot. It's double the money since it is a family spot, but it wil...

One month rv storage

I plan on spending 5 months in LTVA BLM land near Quartzsite next winter season but will need to leave my RV behind as I take a one month absence.I understand that I cannot leave my RV unattended for more than 5 days unless approved by manager. Does ...

Short term rentals - Florida Gulf Coast

I am posting this for a recently retired friend of mine--not an RV'er--who has been dreaming of spending a few months in Florida his first retirement winter. He is presently in Florida staying at a crummy motel looking for an inexpensive two month re...

ipeltier by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Plenty of room at Kodachrome!

If you're in the Bryce Canyon area, several open full-hookup sites at Kodachrome SP, only $28 a night. I was amazed the water was even on. 50/30/20 amp power, 4-5 pull through and another 5 back in. I didn't leave hoses hooked up, much too cold at n...