Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Oregon caves

Anyone been to Oregon caves?.Where to stay with a 36 foot motor home?

Sandra by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Branson in Nov/Dec?

Just have a notion that I'd like to visit Branson during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season and although I see the weather to be Cool(mid 30's - high 50's-60's), I'm not so sure about the drive from CA to Branson(road condition's that time of year). ...

Michigan

Headed up I69 into Michigan next week. Would like to hear about good rv parks,good routes,and good attractions there. Not into camping in state parks, want full hookups and larger sites. Thanks for any info, Dave

tarpon cg, port Isabel, Tx

My wife and I want to be near the ocean. We tried Florida last winter and found it to be too buggy, muggy and expensive. We have been to the Texas coast and thought we would try Port Isabel. I didn't feel the humidity or find it to be infested like F...

blacktop by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Falling Waters star park in Florida

I have read the reviews and check out the pictures of this place. I was wanting to hear from anyone that has been to this park recently. How are the sites, are the level and shaded. What is your overall reaction of the park? Thanks

Smoky Mountains Campground Suggestions Internet

I am looking for RV campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains where I can get internet installed for a month or so. I work for software company and need a lot of bandwidth so even if I can get temporary installation for broadband thats ok. Sadly I am not ...

Elk Neck State Park

Just got back from 1 week at Elk Neck State Park, North East Loop full hook up. I am sadden to learn that the Elk Neck will close on December 1 for the season and will reopen in early April. This is the first time that I can remember that the North...

buskirk by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Grayton Beach around Thanksgiving

Any one have any experience with the availability of sites at Grayton Beach, FL over the Thanksgiving holiday period? DW & I are thinking of trying that this year, but have a few things that might hinder the trip and won't be resolved until the last ...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

CT to Knoebel's, PA- Need recommend. for campgrounds etc.

We're traveling from CT and planning to go to Knoebel's, PA. I don't want to camp around that area, as there's nothing else to do. We stayed at JD campground and the pool wasn't always opened it seemed. We have kids 15, 13 and 11yrs old. Need a pool....

telorb by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

License Plates??

If we purchase a 5th Wheel in FL & have the dealer tow it to a nearby campground where it will remain year around & never be moved, do we have to get license plates?And if so, we live out of state but will not be taking the rig back to that state, do...

Cane Creek Park, Waxhaw NC

We will be going to Charlotte NC to visit family. The closet park is Cane Creek Park in Waxhaw NC. Not finding much information on this park, would like to find a campground site map or get a recommendation on a lake front level site w/water and sew...

Cass WV

What is there in the area after the train ride?

pitch by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Midway RV Park or Vineyard RV Park in Vacaville...

We will be in Vacaville for the annual "all class" Class reunion next month.Patti wants to start going out with the 5th wheel more now that she is a short timer at work. Retirement begins August 28..Any difference in the two. They both look darn nice...