Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Heading to Durango, CO

DW & I are headed to Durango, CO to ride the Silverton Train. :B Anyone have any input to the local campgrounds? Thanks in advance for the help.

TomB_ by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Overnight parking in north-west Chicago?

Hoping someone can help with a handy tip...staying at Volo's Fish Lake Beach tonight and tomorrow, but they are full for Friday night. We are staying at a friend's place in Glenview on Friday night, but I don't want to take the RV to their place. Can...

AVOID-Coeur d'Alene RV Resort, Idaho- I90, Exit 7

Checked into RV Resort(?) today. With GS discount charged over $46 for a back-in 30 amp site. Was told at check-in that prices had gone up from the listed Good Sam Guide. A Couple hours later noticed a lower price posted on the office door. Told t...

gandl2 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Stone Mountain, GA and Outer banks, NC - What to do?

Hello all-We leave July 4 for 6 nights at the Stone Mountain CG in Georgia and then 5 nights at the Cape Hatteras KOA in NC.We are wondering what the "must do" things are in those areas.We have 3 kids, ages 10, 8 and 4. We like all things outdoors (...

alesis by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Lake Tahoe campgrounds

Hello Folks,My husband and I are planning a visit to the Lake Tahoe area in mid August. We have a 45' motor home and we are looking for a full hook-up (50 amp preferably) RV campground. We are looking for all suggestions.Thank you.Leslie

S-n-L by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Washington state camp grounds

The State has not passed a budget, if it goes not, the state camp grounds will close as well as any other services they offer. Your reservations will be canceled and you will not get your money back.

Tom_Barb by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Watkins Glen State Park without a toad.

We're staying at Watkins Glen State Park just after the 4th of July. 30' Class C, no toad. Is there any parking in town, or will we be best off staying put? We would like to go to town, just to walk around, get an I've cream, etc.

chefdc1 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Santa Clarita KOA - No Phones FYI

Due to a fire that work campers helped contain the KOA in Santa Clarita has lost phone service. Give them the benefit of the doubt this summer and lend a hand. Big loss: Fire guts cabin and offices at KOA

tsetsaf by Explorer III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Snowbirders/Winter Texans - What happening?

This thread gets a little slow at this time of the year so I thought I'd check what others are up to during this "off time". I know that it's not really time off, but what keeps you busy now that you're back home (besides daily chores)? Heck, some ...

A plug for Emma Wood State Beach, California

Stumbled across this on our travels last week. I really enjoyed it. We had no reservations but they had a dozen spots or so left open, even when we arrived early evening.$40.We found a spot with the Pacific Ocean about 8' from the back of the motorh...

10 weeks and done

So we started this trip the end of March 2015. Having a great time.We have had a TC for a long time. Got this 996 just over a year ago. Never did a extended trip like this.Have learned some new tricks. Guess old dogs can learn new ones.Here is what w...

Next destination Maine

Ok folks our next destination is Maine, bride wants lobster. Any suggestions of things to do and places to stay would be appreciated. Full hookup/50 amps

Southern Michigan parks

Any suggestions for campgrounds in southern Michigan that has fishing (NOT on lake Michigan)and also rents boats? We usually camp in Indiana, but would like to see what is available in southern Michigan.Also,is it flooded like we are in Indiana? Than...

ike1450 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes