Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Chicago area

Traveling from OK and thinking of visiting Chicago on the way to Michigan. Can someone recommend a nearby campground for a 37 ft fifth wheel? Also some advice regarding routes . Thanks

Austin, TX

Visiting Austin for first time. May 29-31. Looking for an RV campground. Also what to do or see while there? We are traveling with no children just a small dog. We will be coming from Corpus Christi.

Debbie by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

From Minneapolis to West Glacier , Montana

Is is better to take montana hwy 200 across Montana or stay on I-94 as long as possible through Bozeman / Missoula and then north to Kalispell ? We have a 40ft 5th wheel? Thanks for any advice. Mark

Canton, OH to NY state campgrounds

Leaving St. Louis on a week & a half to 2 week trip, with a stop in Canton, Ohio, gotta see the Football Hall of Fame, and trying to add a couple of states to our "visited" list. Thoughts were to see whats available near Cleveland and east along Lake...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

White Caps Campground VT

Has anyone stayed at White Caps campground in Westmore VT?Heading there next week for some mt biking, kayaking, fishing and hiking.

RMNP Campgrounds

We want to make a trip next year and would like to stay in the park. Anybody have any recommendations on the different campgrounds in the park. Thanks

MVH1 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Bogus campsite reservations

Recently, there was a post in another forum where the OP questioned the honesty of campground operators who swore he was getting the last site, only to find the CG half empty when he arrived.This got me thinking about something that happens at Florid...

RRinNFla by Explorer
  • 67 replies
  • 0 likes

Non Smoking Park

Do not want to stir up smokers rights rants. J & H RV Park has gone non smoking. For any one of us that are HYPER sensitive to tobacco smoke and have had to move sites because of neighbors sitting out smoking this is great news.

Maine and NE Canada

Planning a trip in late August from Ohio to coastal Maine. Been there a few years back and know the area somewhat. Would really like to move on into the NE provinces of Canada. Need some help on the "must see" and probably could miss areas. Have ...

Good spot at James Island County Park?

I have been wanting to visit this park for a long time and we finally will be able to this September. I know our dog will just love the dog park/lake area! Any area of the CG we should avoid? We have a 30' TT'. I saw on the map that some of the site...

CapeM1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Campgrounds or Resorts Near Denver, CO

My wife and I will be travelling later in June to San Francisco and would like to stop in on Denver for a little sightseeing. Where is there a decent campground that we can do an overnight before proceeding further west?Thanks!

Anyone Been To Killbear Lately?

Hello all,I've booked a family trip for a week at Killbear in July. I grew up camping there but haven't been for some time now, I heard they did a lot of tree cutting last year due to beach bark disease. We are staying in Blind Bay site 731 to be exa...

Great Smokey Mountains Trip Elkmont

Thought I would post other Great Smokey National Park pics, with the Dump station Picnic thread getting shut down! (Rather proud it made it five pages).Early June, out of Elkmont Campground is the Synchronous Firefly event, best way to experience it...