Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Baseball & Camping

Last year I was fortunate enough to camp at Fort De Soto Park while watching my favorite team in a series against the Tampa Bay Rays. Since the Rays don't draw that well, good seats were easily available, and Fort De Soto is a campground that justifi...

NoVa_RT by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Got a few questions on the U.P.

OK, so I have tentative plans for a trip to the UP next summer, mid to the end of July. We want to check out Pictured Rocks and Grand Island. We will be staying at Munising Tourist Park Campground on Lake Superior. Where exactly does Pictured Rocks s...

dodge_guy by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Reserved Yellowstone & Teton Campgrounds

After reading horror stories of spaces being reserved at a record pace in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, I have been on pins and needles waiting for my vacation request to be approved through work so I could reserve spots in both parks.The website...

Mid West Trip this Spring / How early can you visit

We want to take a three week Mid West trip this spring. I want to go as early as possible so as not to impact the racing season. First race is May 8-9 and I will need a couple of weeks in front of that to prepare. We would like to visit our son in Bo...

Cape Disappointment SP, WA

A question for those familiar with this park: what are the chances of getting a site at Cape Disappointment SP without reservations in mid-late April? (24' rig) I can reserve if I have to, but would much prefer to go with "jello plans". :@ TIA.

JT by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestions for good camping spots in Michigan

We recently upgraded from a pop up to a jayco jay flight 29bhs and are working on planning or trips for the summer. We ussually travel with a couple other families and we all have young kids. We are not really interested in the overcrowded KOA type c...

Devoreg by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

California State park without reservations

After searching through the California State park camping sites they make it sound like without reservations you would be turned away, even if there are spaces available. Is this really the case? Would they actually turn a drive up away if they h...

Washington state to ft Wilderness...anybody make this trip?

Hi all, I'm just trying to pick anyone's brain about this trip. Would love to make it and I'm not necessarily restrained by time. We have a 11yo and 8yo. We typically fly, but thought the cross country trip would be memorable... Maybe nightmarish? Ha...

phwang20 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaving MH to go home for the holidays

I'm new with hydronic heat. We plan on heading to San Antonio area next fall and returning home in spring. However, we need to fly home for a few weeks at year end. Need advice on what to do with the MH. I'd like to ke to just leave it at our mon...

Bush Library information

Our friends are going to see the Bush Library in Feb. They'll be traveling in a class C motorhome. Are there any decent RV parks in the Dallas area close the Library?And what else is there to do in the Dallas/Ft. Worth region?Thanks

Pasadena, Texas RV park Just Passn Through -- any opinion?

Has anyone ever stayed at this rv park, Just Passn Through, in Pasadena, Texas? There is only one mediocre review on rvparkreviews. My son has a competition only a few miles away and we will likely be going back and forth a lot between the two places...

iradi8 by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missed the reservation boat

Registration opened for the 4th of July weekend recently, and Ludington State Park and several others in the central Michigan region are sold out already... those Internet connected campers are fast on the draw!Newaygo State Park shows almost complet...