Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Michigan/Wisconsin/Minnesota best time

Wanting to go to Michigan/Wisconsin/Minnesota at some point and time need suggestions for time of year. Not into winter camping but do not want hot either and have heard the horror stories of skeeters and other nasty bugs. What time of year would we ...

Monthly family camping trips

After watching our Toy Hauler just sitting in the yard, and tired of sitting on the couch, we decided to head out monthly to anywhere within 2 hours of the house. We are fortunate to live in Navarre, so there are several destinations close by. As we ...

norfla71 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Mardis Gras

Lets get one thing straight right off the bat. we are a couple of 60 yr old hayseeds from the Canadian prairies and like it that way. We are planning a trip this winter following the Gulf of Mexico from Corpus Christi to Pensacola. We will probably b...

Badhabit by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone

Just a note, Yellowstone is at -9 this morning - how quick it turns to WINTER!A few years back we had the best Indian summer in October - November in the Park.Just always good to keep your eye on the weather and be glad you can move the house to a wa...

FL Panhandle Campground Suggestions Wanted

I am in search of suggestions for an exceptional campground In the panhandle area of FL. A close (walking distance), fantastic beach and hopefully a nice swimming pool would be on our list of wants. We have four children and a beach that is far away ...

RVParkReviews.com site update - POSTPONED!

The old RVPR site is back up...Posted on the RVPR forum:Folks we ran into a glitch during the conversion that will take more than a few hours to sort out and so we are standing down until next Wednesday. I apologize for the inconvenience but it's bet...

Window stickers! Grrr....

The DW and I just spent 4 great days at Lake Havasu, AZ. When we pulled back into our driveway after the trip, I found out that the stickers the campground had attached to our camper and our tow vehicle appear to be made out of a 50/50 combination o...

VegasBT by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Los Angeles base camp

Will be coming from the east through Phoenix to see the Rose Parade.Would like to have a base camp ( 2 weeks)to use to explore the greater Los Angeles area using our toad.Recomendations for a campground considering ease of getting there with motorhom...

ntar827 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Allstays website?

I read the discussion on RVPR, and allstays was recommended as an alternate. I went to the site,I found maps a listing of camp grounds, but no reviews I clicked on the review tab and was taken to a google page. Did I not see something? A listing o...

pitch by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Cabin camping at Bear Den CG in Spruce Pine NC Nov 28th

This will be our first visit to this CG. I've read mixed reviews, but to be honest, we really don't have many options the day after Thanksgiving. We wanted to head to the NC mountains and most are closed. We sold our TT in March, so this will feel...

Rainbow Village - Largo Fla.

Does anyone have first hand info on this park. It did get 2 good reviews on rvparkreviews. It appears to be in a good location, but I am wondering how busy the area is and how far away are the beaches. Also is there free or paid parking if going t...

Tripalot by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading up in cold weather

We are not full timers. The last couple of seasons, we have gone south in Sept. or early Oct. The temperature has never been an issue. Due to some medical issues, our departure has been dealyed and we are leaving in about 10 days. It will be quit...

Retdep by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

San Elijo

Just got back from a couple days at San Elijo Campground, Cardiff, CA. Recommended!

ljr869 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes