Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Portable Gas Heaters

We have a trip planned for early September, 2020, inside the Rocky Mountain National Park which is at an altitude of over 8000 feet. I have been considering a portable propane heater to supplement the furnace (to save battery) but note that there are...

padredw by Nomad
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent wonderful trip

I always enjoy reading about other RVers trips so here is ours. We took an 11 day vacation beginning at Black Water State Park, WV. Then we spent a few days in Shenandoah National Park, then a few days in Northern Pa in the Alleghany National Fore...

Reader1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Private property parking

Is there a forum I can offer a month of free rv parking with full HU in exchange for watering and feeding chickens? Also collecting eggs.

CSA

None of us should support the snowbird org. They should be lobbying for an open border. They have done nothing. In a July newsletter they said the border was open. In the q&a section they continue to give wrong answers to questions. Horrible org.

moisheh by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Giles Countyl, Virginia

Has anyone ever stayed at Gentry's Landing Campground on the New River? It has mostly permanent sites but does have some regular sites but there are not many reviews anywhere. It looks like it could be a great kayaking base camp.

Foliage Season in New England

Just a suggestion that you check with the various states up here in NE before you decide to come up for the foliage. All have COVID restrictions of one sort or another. Also don't be surprised if the colors aren't up to their normal brilliance-the...

Crowe by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Very nice campground near I90 in Adrian, Minn

Last night we stayed in a very nice city run campground in Adrian, Minnesota. The campground was very clean, quiet, and had nice shower/restroom facilities. The cost for a night: tents $18, 30 amp service w/water was $28, 30 amp/ sewer/cable $29, 5...

What software are RV parks using to keep track of things?

Is it from the 1990's?As I move from a weekend RV'er to staying out weeks at a time, I'm discovering that so many RV parks hardly have a clue as to when I arrived, or when I left, when they check their computers. This has happened at many parks acros...

RVG65 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Escaping heat next summer?

We escaped to Colorado for a month this summer, getting away from coastal Texas heat and humidity. It was fine but we have been to Colorado a lot, either on summer vacations or fall elk hunting. I'm open to somewhere else. Thinking upper Minnesota, M...

las vegas

plan to go to las vegas Sams Town is it safe heard crime is up that true should i go

Oklahoma Northeast

Hi Oklahoma RVers. Staying at Natural Falls SP. Sept 19-22 coming from SW Altus,OK. Looking for one or two campgrounds private, state, COE in between to stay at working our way over to Natural Falls. Does anyone have any good suggestions or favorites...

Debbie by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes