Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Davis CA Stealth Camping

I have a conference this weekend at UC Davis. I'm unfamiliar with the general area and would like to find a place to park overnight. What's available for a Class B that would be convenient to the campus? Thanks for your suggestions.

k6dcp by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

winterize sticks and bricks?

Hey Snowbirds, This will be my first year leaving for the winter to spend time in mild climes.Do you do anything special to winterize the homestead before leaving or just a matter of leaving the heat on. Thanks for any help. John in OR.

I-80 Across Nebraska & Iowa

Heading to Illinois for HS Reunion mid July. Would like suggestions for RV parks and/or free sites close to I-80. Plan to take 3-4 days to cover 960 miles. Truck stops, Wal-Mart, or whatever for 6-7 hour nap. RV park for 1 or 2 nightsThanks, Flip

Fliposo by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Albuquerque Balloon Festival, experience with camping there?

I have wanted to go to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival for forever. Just never have done it but still very much want to.Now that we have the TT, I was wondering if anyone has been to the balloon festival and if there are close places to camp. I'm th...

Dottie5 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Caynon Camping South Rim-Mathers Question

how true to size are the campsites at Mathers camp ground? they have quite a few 27 ft pull throughs, we have a 35 ft MH and have fit into smaller pull throughts in Glacier and Yellowstone but knew in advance that those sites where bigger than listed...

San Diego and Laguna Beach Camping???

My wife and I are going to meet our daughter and her husband on April 13th in San Diego and go camping with them for a week in their Airstream trailer.We could really use some suggestions for Campgrounds and campsites that would be good for us. We l...

John_S2 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Mt Rushmore

Mt. Rushmore: The NPS website states that Pets can be left in the car but you must ask for the "shaded" parking area. Has anyone done this? Is it really shaded enough to leave your dog in the car this time of year? Thanks for any info!

Traveling AZ to Grand Lakes CO via Moab Utah

Suggestions for the best travel route from Moab, Utah to Grand Lakes CO. We will be staying at Winding River Resort. We are traveling with a 36 ft fifth wheel and driving a Dodge 2500 diesel. Anyone have information on the 70?Thank you !!:)

50% Discount in Federal Parks could Disappear!

AquaDawg post this on the Escapees RV Club Forum,"HR5204 has passes out of committee. It will allow the USFS and BLM to charge access fees to all visitors, as well as allowing a concessionaire to give you a senior discount for whatever amount they wa...

rocmoc by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Tax Laws Fla. and PA, Tips Please

We live in MD now. We just made an offer on a cabin in PA. Hopefully all goes well and we settle before the end of October. After that the current plan is for the DW to spend about 6 months in Fla. then return to PA. I will spend half time there....

Up coming trip to Wyoming

We are planning a trip to Cody,Wyoming. Was looking at campgrounds on the internet. Checking out the list and came upon the Pondarosa campground in Cody. We want full hook up since we will be a month or two. Does anybody have any comments on this cam...

jekyll inland in sept

is there a lot of thinks to do on Jekyll inland ga. thinking of going in sept and how is the campground or amy think I should know about the area

Recommend some campgrounds in North-North East New Mexico

My wife and I are planning on taking a trip next month, we want to head to the Northern New Mexico area, preferable the North East area for less driving, we are coming from Missouri, the Carson National Forest area looks interesting. We want to do hi...

JoshuaH by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes