Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Oneida, Tn

Has anyone ever camped in this area? Need some info on this part of Tn. Thanks.........

Lancaster County, PA Area

We enjoyed the Amish areas of Indiana so much that we want to visit the Lancaster area. Can someone recommend a reasonably priced rv park, preferably one that does not cater to families with children, with the playgrounds, pool, etc. Just looking fo...

USMC46 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Hershey park campground train

I read all about the train which is why I selected a spot furthest from it. But man, it comes just about every 45 minutes!!! Does it ever stop? We are only here tonight and tomorrow night, but that is one busy rail line!

Jellystone - Hagerstown, MD, or Tall Pines, NJ?

Had a last-minute change of plans and we're now looking at spending Friday and Saturday night at the Jellystone Park in either Hagerstown, MD, or Tall Pines (Elmer), NJ. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is very much into swimming, water slides,...

Hatman by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Fall Creek Falls SP TN.

Leaving early friday morning for ten days of camping. Cousins coming down from Indiana. 10 sites in A loop. We are so excited. We love this campground. Swimming in Water holes with a water fall.(cascades) Softball game with other campers in the eveni...

Blue Mesa Recreational Ranch (Colorado)

I have four free nights at the Blue Mesa Recreational Ranch in Gunnison Colorado. It's a time share thing where you have to attend a half hour to one hour tour sometime during your stay and listen to a sales pitch.Has anyone camped here before? If ...

JohnnyE_ by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Sandpiper RV Resort Galveston

Hi guys,We went to Galveston today and found Sandpiper RV Resort. The location is perfect and can easily bike to any place we want, mostly the strand. Question, does anyone know what the normal daily rate is? Planning to actually take trips to Galves...

Hurricane Arthur!

So who is out on the east coast right now?Glad I didn`t plan Myrtle Beach for this week. we`ll be there on Sunday afternoon!Anyone sitting through the storm right now?Be safe!

dodge_guy by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

South Florida Campground

I need suggestions for an overnight campground in the Deerfield Beach/Boynton Beach area for mid-September. My wife and I will be making our first trio to the Keys with our MH and plan on stopping about 200 miles short of Key West so that we can enjo...

Looking for NE and Mid Atlantic Suggestion

Hello All,In August we will be doing our regular 5 day vacation to the Pocono Mountains in NE PA. We stay near Lake Wallenpaupack for those of you that are familiar. This year however we have decided to take the following week off and are looking t...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

OBX campgrounds after Arthur?

Does anyone know how the campgrounds in the southern OBX fared? Camp Hatteras, KOA, and Ocean Waves? We are headed there in a few weeks, (Ocean Waves) just curious, and don't want to bother the busy cg owners with a phone call at his time. Figured ...

klm by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cincinnati, Oh

I'm not having much luck on finding a park in or near the city. We would even consider a mobile home park. I found one called Steamboat but it is about 30 miles away somewhere along the river.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bar Harbor Campground

What a nice campground. It is closest to Bar Harbor. The free bus into town stops right here. It is the last stop before heading to town and the first stop when coming back (very convenient). The sites are nice and the staff is nicer. A lot of natura...

bob_b1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

South Carolina suggestions

Do any of you have a recommendation on a CG in South Carolina? We would be 6 adults no kids, FHU and would like a waterfront site that will accommodate a 30 ft TT and a tent. This would be a family reunion with a DS and his DW coming from Charlotte N...