Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Rescue California to Coeur d'Alene Idaho

I'm heading up to northern Idaho at the end of the month to visit friends I have not seen in years. Does anyone have insight as to the easiest/best route? I have a 2000 F350 diesel, pulling my 27' 5th wheel. I don't think I want to stay at campground...

jdc1 by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

potential new rv resort

My family is eyeing opening up a few RV parks in the Central Florida. Location or locations have not been decided on definitely. What businesses are *needed* or *preferred* to be near RV parks. When I ask about businesses, Im really looking for busin...

OHV Camping and Riding

I'm planning a trip to Eastern Sierra, Oregon and Washington this year, and looking for suggestions on where to camp and ride my UTV out of the park. I know many public lands have riding, and many public lands have camping, I'm looking for places tha...

josslund by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Batteries

Wife and I are thinking about spending a couple of days at Quartzite this Jan and were going to try spending it in the desert. I know the battery that have now is not really the best for this(Interstate 24 SRM Marine/RV) so I was thinking about two o...

cliffy49 by Explorer II
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Inyo National Forest

Three INF campgrounds have opened. Lone Pine, Lower Grays Meadow and Upper Grays Meadow. It’s a start. See - https://www.fs.usda.gov/recmain/inyo/recreation

Lwiddis by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lassen Volcanic National Park

Would like some good recommendations for open, dispersed camping near Lassen Volcanic National Park. Looks like we waited too long and all the regular campgrounds are booked. We have a 28' trailer and Dodge 1500 4x4. Thanks in Advance

jonaz by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Rhode Island

Thinking about visiting Rhode Island later this summer. Looking for suggestions on things to see/do. Campground recommendations. Have sent away for the tourist booklet.

RGV Last Week of June

DW and I are thinking of driving down to RGV (Rio Grande Valley) in a few weeks. We want to spend a few days down there just to look around and see what's down there. Planning to take a day trip to South Padre but don't necessarily need to stay on th...

2112 by Explorer II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Arkansas State Parks to open...

This weekend. But just to Arkansas residents only and just self-contained rigs. No restrooms or bathhouses will be open. State park centers will be staffed, locations with restaurants or lodging and cabins will be open on weekends only. Sorry out...

pa, grand canyon

want to do a trip to pa. grand canyon, where is the best place to camp with 34 ft. trailer and with full hookups. thank you in advance.

poorboy by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Deer Creek State Park, Ohio

Thinking about spending a night or two at Deer Creek State Park, Ohio on our way to Pennsylvania. Can't seem to find any photos of the sites any where. Any one familiar with this place? Are the sites level, shaded, real close together or spaced? Thei...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Pennsylvania Synchronous Fireflies

After having to cancel our March camping trip to Nebraska for the sandhill crane migration, we are finally getting away with the trailer for a few days. Heading to Allegheny National Forest, in PA, in search of synchronous fireflies. Have any fellow ...