Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Is there anything other than Disney to do in Orlando?

Is there anything other than Disney to do in Orlando that won't break the bank. DW and I will be in Orlando for a convention in early April. We tought we would stay a few extra days for a mini-vacation. We've done the Disney thing and really don't ca...

bsiemens by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas State Park Fees?

Later this week we are finally getting out of this latest "Polar Vortex" ka-ka and heading to Arizona. Plan on spending 3 or 4 days in Texas State Parks (Dinosaur Valley & Balmorhea): As I understand it the fee is $7 per day per person, is that rig...

Omrod by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

New RV resort near the Smokey Mountains...

Saw an ad for this new CG located in Dandridge, TN. It is apparently scheduled to open on 3/17/2014. It lists some nice amenities and shows beautiful views. It called "Anchor Down Resort" This is their link If anyone gets the chance to visit this pla...

CapeM1 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Anza Borrego 2 20 14

went to Anza Borrego to retrace the places my grand pop took me in 1962.the hilites wher the pumpkin patch,Pegleg camp,split mountain and Fonts point.coming into my base camp,this guy greeted meThis is where I stayed,free to vetsFonts pointsplit moun...

RWDIII by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Need your suggestions - w/in a day's drive of NJ

Hi,We are fulltimers, and due to family issues we need to spend the summer in southern NJ. So any thoughts of "things to do" greatly appreciated. BUT, we want to get away from NJ for short (1 week) occasional trips. We have a 40' mh/toad. Where c...

klm by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Hills off the beaten path

We are going to the Black Hills this summer and will be there for 6 days. We will spend the first 3 or 4 days doing the usual "tourist" places, but what we are really looking for is the "off the beaten path" areas. We love to hike, so we are looking ...

Cup_fan by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Campground suggestions Shiloh, Vicksburg, Chattanooga

Still in the planning stages but putting aside 3-4 weeks this June for Civil War themed trip from Myrtle Beach, through Asheville, NC to major battlefields in the "western theater" like Franklin, Shiloh, Vicksburg and Chattanooga/Chicamagua. Would l...

port aransas

we are planning a trip from east tn. to port Aransas in the next couple weeks, any suggestions/warnings about rv parks there? were thinking about fishing and bike riding. have a couple picked out on the good sam site, just looking for feedback. than...

jbmoo by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Snow is a four letter word.

Courtesy of our good Canadian neighbors:YouTube Clicky. Turn on the sound. What a bunch of crazy Canucks :W Season is just starting to wind down for some, safe travels back home.

Sombrero Beach Marathon FL

Have you been to Sombrero Beach? Next month during our annual trip to The Keys, we are taking an extra day to see some of the things in the Upper Keys that we normally drive by. Is there RV parking at Sombrero Beach? I have been to the City of Marath...

mguay by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Durango, CO or Maggie Valley NC?

Looking to get out of the Texas heat and humidity for a week or two in early August. Any ideas as to whether Durango or Maggie Valley might be best? Restaurants, things to do, etc.

Where To Stay In/Near Savannah?

We would like to stay in or near Savannah on our way home from Florida next month. We were there once, years ago but that was pre-rv and we stayed in a hotel. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Merry by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Frustrated with Reserve America

Anyone else constantly getting errors when trying to book a campground via Reserve America? I never had this problem before they "updated" their system and changed their website last year.I've emailed and complained to no avail. Perhaps if they'd g...

dalspot by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes