Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Campgrounds Kentucky & Montana (looking for)

We are planning a trip from Wisconsin to Kentucky then another from Wisconsin to Montana this summer. Any ideas for good campgrounds? Would be best to be in the northern or western part of Kentucky since we are coming down from Wisconsin. We travel w...

Henderson Beach State Park Florida

We have a campsite reserved here in early May and my question is, can you drive and park from the campground to the beach. Physical problems could be a problem with walking the distance to the beach. Also is the hiway noise a problem? Thanks.

Limit4 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Snowbird cell phone plans?

I'm sure many of you have come across "what to do with regard to using a cell phone" while on the trip from Canada to the U.S., and I'd like to get some information from those of you 'in the know' on this topic please.My thinking since my current con...

Must See places for kids

There are so many places that I want to take my children, that there is no way I will be able to accomplish it all before they leave for college. Our oldest is 11 and with 1 or 2 big trips a year, I'd like to make it count. Maybe you can help me prio...

When do most Southwest snowbirds leave?

To those of you who are snowbirding in New Mexico and Arizona, when do you start your trek back home or northward? I have heard that many people leave in March because the wind starts to crank up. Is that the case or do most of you leave later than M...

Gunter Hill, Alabama

Just wondering if anyone has stayed here before? we have reservations in several weeks in the anitoch loop. just looking for opinions

Lil Patch of Heaven or Others Near Bardstown KY

Heading to KY in the summer. Looking to stay in or around Bardstown for several days. Saw good reoports for Lil Patch of Heaven. Does anyone have a good phone number for them. Their 800 is not working and mailboxes full on their 2 other numbers.Any s...

Touring D.C. When Staying At Cherry Hill Park.

Looks like we are going to be at Cherry Hill Park in June, I am looking for tips and tricks on touring D.C.... We will have a Geo Tracker with us but don't really want to drive into D.C if it can be avoided...Thanks..In further reading I see there ar...

Just_Lee by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Falling water

We are planning on visiting Frank Lloyd Wright's creation in Pennsylvania. Any suggestions? RV parking?

SFVdave by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

An RV parks new way to try and keep your $$$

Cancelled a reservation at a Calif. park on the coast in which you can only get a space if you pay in full ahead of time. When I called to cancel they said "would you like to leave the money on account", I thought I had hear it all !!!

ilvtravln by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Green River Ut

Has anyone camped or spent time in the Green River Ut area. We are headed out that way. Just trying to get an idea of what the area is like. Thanks

Campgrounds near mountain biking in Colorado?

Been on the road for 7 years. First time heading to Colorado. Really interested in doing a lot of mtn biking while I'm there. Anyone know of any campgrounds near some good trails? Mtn. biking aside -- favorite campgrounds in Colorado? Looking for...

cannesdo by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Got tote?

I am camped in a boondock area with central water/dump. I am amazed at the number of people who, rather than use a blue boy, drag their rigs to the dump station. Right now I'm watching a fella try to back his 5er into a tight spot and drive up on h...

2oldman by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Quartzite Boondocking

I'm planning to boondock in Quartzite at the end of January, or perhaps the first week in February. It it very difficult to find a spot nearby? Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place around there to boondock?

Rmack1 by Explorer
  • 52 replies
  • 0 likes