Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Lake Superior trip planning

We're planning a 2 week family trip in July from London Ontario, through Michigan, to Lake Superior and then back home through Ontario. Looking for any insight as to parks to stay at and places to see and visit.We are considering Burt Lake SP, Lake S...

Ohio State Parks/Rv Parks

Looking for advice from anyone willing to share any experiences on decent camping spot in Ohio State, we have a wedding on September 6th 2014 in Mentor looking to take a few days to camp out with travel trailer in the area and attend wedding. If any...

Enough of the cold, Texas here we come

This winter in MN has been a "real" winter again. While the snow is beautiful, and the frigid cold is even refreshing for the first few minutes outside and the crunching snow sounds nice (DW would NOT agree)...it's time to get a break!We're planning...

MNRon by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Missoula, MT. - Where to stay?

Planning on visiting Missoula for a couple weeks next July. Will be attending a workshop there and looking for a campground nearby with full hookups.

Open campgrounds heading south in February

We are taking our first winter trip south ffrom Michigan to Florida next week. Traveling south on I - 65 will we find places to camp overnight on the way down? We don't want to stay in a motel with the MH out in the parking lot to be sure. Any adv...

2watsons by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Florida panhandle in march

We're further south in FL right now but I'm thinking about moving up to a park in the panhandle for March. Would it be comfortable (70's maybe) by March up there or should I stay down here?

Louba by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park Review

We visited Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park in White Springs Florida.It was during their Christmas Festival of Lights.Here is the link to my write-up with lots of pictures of the park and campgrounds: Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center ...

trnfla by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Branson

We are planning going to Branson the first of June for 5 days and would like advice regarding your recommendation on a campground. In your opinion would you rate your experience a 5star experience?Thanks,Ron

Walmart overnight stays allowed or not allowed

Hi thereI get so many conflicting reports about some do some dont and you can buy a book here that tells you or download a app that will tell you (at a cost of course)Is there anywhere I can find out for free??? Thanks!C.

1critter by Explorer
  • 70 replies
  • 0 likes

Help us plan our trip! Texas.

Hey guys. We are planning an approx 2 week camping trip in the hte beginning of July to Texas. We'd like to visit 2 areas, and one will need to be near Dallas, as we have family there we will be visiting. We have kids ages 2, 7 and 9, and enjoy hikin...

alesis by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Birding in Texas

We have the next two weeks in this great area, we love birds and wildlife. Please tell me your favorite spots in central and southern Texas to enjoy these . We love state parks, COE parks, and open spaces

gnglutz by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Will motor home freeze traveling in cold weather?

We would like to travel to Texas, but the weather in Mo is very cold, and we would like to know if we run the gas furnace on the motor home while traveling, will that keep the water lines, sewer lines & etc from freezing????

Yellowstone ??????

We are planning our first trip to Yellowstone National Park in mid august. We will be traveling in a 38' motorhome towing a 20' enclosed trailer. My questions are this #1) where is a good place to stay that can accommodate my rig size, #2) when shoul...