Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bayou Segnette or St. Bernard?

I'm starting to plan a March trip to New Orleans. While I hope to see a bit of historic New Orleans, my main goal is to visit the WWII museum. The state parks closest to New Orleans seem to be St. Bernard and Bayou Segnette. Does anyone have opini...

River status at Pismo

Thought it might be a good idea to have a running post for everyone to report on the entrance to Pismo with the river. I hear right now it is a clear shot in as there has not been any rain. Any updates are appreciated!

Free Camping around Quartzite

I did a search before posting, no finds. We are going to be there for rv show for a few days. A couple of years ago we camped for 2 weeks and stayed in area with water and dump and paid. Thanks for info.

Hey. Is there space left in the desert?

Heading out for my first-ever Quartzsite experience. I realize it's too late for the rally, but from what I've read, that may be a good thing. Plan is to escape the cold, leaving western Missouri on Wednesday 1/29. Meander west on US 54 thru OK panha...

Gsturner by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Plans have changed

We have gone to the Texas coast for 2 to 3 weeks for about the last 10 years. This year we were going for a month. The RV is ready and I just set the Jeep up to tow. Last Friday night the wife fell and broke her hip. Now we will hope for next year. J...

olfarmer by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone again...

Spent an hour or so reading posts concerning Yellowstone but never found a clear answer to my questions.I know I want to stay inside the park, leaning toward Bridge Bay. On the website it lists the limit for RV's at 40 feet. I come in at 42 feet, w...

Idahoan by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Big Bend National Park

We are thinking about a trip down there in Febr. and wondering about campgrounds near the park. We would be staying a week and BIL would bring his horses. Anyone have information on campgrounds with hookups and or areas with horse pens? Thanks in a...

gwalter by Explorer III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

4 Days in Yellowstone

Hey guys, 1st timer. I'm planning a 2-week trip from Little Rock to various points along the way (Sante Fe, Mesa Verde, Arches, Canyonlands) winding up with 4 days in Yellowstone. I've read up on the various campground option in the park and have a...

Montana or Utah

Hello everyone,We are planning the start of our full time travel June 1st. Although we will have lots of time ya just can't do it all. With trying to stay ahead of the weather we need to make some loose plans.If you needed to choose from one and leav...

S-n-L by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

State parks missing on Rand McNally 7725 LM!

I bought a new RM 7725 early in December 2013. Two well-established long time state parks in our area were NOT in there under the RV campgrounds/state park search tab near Coupeville, WA. Fort Casey and Fort Ebey are major state parks on Whidbey Is...

imperial dam LTVA

Hello, wondering if anyone has used the imperial dam LTVA in Arizona and what you think of it? Can you stay by the river? Does it have a dump station? Thanks.Socal

socal by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Site near Gainesville FL for Gator nationals ???

Hi, We decided to go to the Gator Nationals this year and I was looking for a big rig friendly campsite reasonably close(within 40 miles) to Gainesville. I contacted Starke KOA and they have a 5 night minimum, We only want to be there for 2-3 nigh...

JoeH by Explorer III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes