Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV parks or State Parks by Wisconsin Dells

We are planning a trip to the Wisconsin Deals next summer (2014). Is there a better time of the summer to go? Are there some suggestions for reasonable parks. Would prefer water and electric. Prefer more State Park-like than rv-resort like.Thanks...

sgrizzle by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Summer beach camping, NJ, DE, points south

Ive been hearing requests from the family for a summer beach trip and this year is the year. Now to narrow it down to a good fit for our needs. We used to go to LBI every year to the same house, 2nd house from the beach, so we're kinda spoiled. Never...

Worst customer service in 30 yrs of rving

My niece is getting married in Orlando on 10/31/14. I had already looked online for Ft Wilderness and all campsites showed not available so called directly. After a 20 plus minute wait and giving all this info hung up. Tried again, having again to pu...

Familiar with free offer from Thousand Trails camping?

I received a free offer to camp free for one year in several zones in the US. I was interested in the Southeast zone but not clear if there are any hidden charges I am not aware of. I must activate an account first then I get 30 nights free. After th...

2 Rivers Campground Carrollton, KY

We're at 2 Rivers Campground right now for a week visiting our daughter for Christmas. Outstanding park on the KY river with either pull threw or back in fully paved sites only have 33 sites at present. Sites level with picnic tables and fire pit wit...

Chaco Canyon Boondock

A long anticipated trip to Chaco Canyon was recently realized. The quietness and isolation of Chaco Canyon proved to be a great place for self reflection and focused study of an amazing culture that peaked over 800 years ago."As examples of primitive...

Stone Mountain Campground, Georgia

We are thinking about going to Stone Mountain Georgia this summer and staying at the Stone Mountain Campground. I'm pretty sure I have seen good reviews on this site about it. My question is does anyone have a recommendation for a site number? We ...

Looking for a park around Clearwater FL

Next summer we are planning on taking out daughter to Clearwater Marine Aquarium and want to take the camper. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good park around Clearwater. We are looking for one that may also have a pool, you something to help k...

North Port Fl.

Is there a cg close to North Port along the Tamiami Trail? The DW and I need to spend a couple days there, Thanks,Tom

Bar harbor

Merry Christmas to all. Can anyone recommend a good camp ground in/around bar harbor. Thank you in advance.

Niagara Falls.. Us side, nearest campground

I have read some previous posts but did not hear much about the closest one.. Niagara Falls campground and lodging. Any opinions on this? We are heading up there to see the falls, then moving on. Will not be spending time "relaxing" at any campground...

Norris CG, YNP experiences

We have always gotten reservations when camping at Yellowstone, but with our flexibility, I'm looking at options to extend our stay past our reservation window. Norris would be my first choice of CG's w/o reservations as it has flush toilets and all...