Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

San Francisco Campgrounds

I am thinking about taking a trip up north to the bay area to visit the city of San Francisco next summer. After looking at rvparkreviews.com and Good Sam Club, it looks like campgrounds in the area are limited. Any recommendations on where to stay a...

Have you ever?

Have you ever gone to Florida in January with no reservation? We really want to be on both sides of the state to see what we really like and not so sure we want to be tied down to one place. BTW...we don't want to break the bank.

El Centro

Has anyone stayed around El Centro Ca. for the winter? Pro and cons? Thanks.

Looking for Key West, big rig, full hookups + campfires

Knowing how far in advance things book up- I'm looking for somewhere to go for next Christmas in 2014. My requirements are:As close to Key West as possibleSupports big rigs (42' fifth wheel + crew cab/long bed truck)Has full hookups (water, electric,...

Asheville/Biltmore area RV Parks

Been using RV Park reviews to find a decent park south of Asheville, fairly close to the Biltmore. All of them, including the KOA, seem to have mediocre reviews with some getting poor marks. Since this is a high tourist area, it seems that there must...

Christmas in the Keys

My family and I are packing up our Christmas tree and taking our Class C to the Keys for the week of Christmas. We love the Keys but we’ve only been there in the summer. A few questions for all you experienced winter folks:Any skeetters that time of ...

kginder by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Kentucky Horse Park Light display

Anyone heading south before Dec.31 via I75 can enjoy an awesome Holiday Light display at the Kentucky Horse Park campground. We try to make it our first overnight stop on route to Florida. Details are here: Southern LightsHave a safe and enjoyable tr...

DRSmart by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Fort De Soto camping trip

Hi All, we are planning a trip to Fort De Soto over the July 4th weekend for 4 nights in our pop up. Does anyone recommend a site in area 2? We plan on bringing our 4 leg child(yellow lab "Fred"). Also, does anyone know and recommend a Vet to board...

At the Q

Just arrived in Quartzsite.BLM office said business has been slow. Looks about normal for this time of year, the time I like because I can be within 4 miles of town and have a secluded site. Man I like it quiet!I'm getting a good strong 4 bars of V...

2oldman by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

It's "Leaving Day" At Long Last!

One last post before we leave today on our winter trip! First stop: Red Bay for some fixing. Then on to FL. Wave if you see us on the road or say "hi" and introduce yourself if we're stopped. (We'll be in the Phaeton and not the ViewFinder in the ...

GMandJM by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

First time to winter in Texas or other lower states

Hello Folks, 2014 will be our first time to winter in the lower part of the USA. We have a 5th wheel and would welcome any suggestions on first time RV park or Core camping for Nov./Dec. to March. We are not looking for expensive places, just reasona...

Buckleup by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Fontainebleau State Park

What is Fontainebleau State Park in say mid to late March, early April like? We're small B campers and just need electric and a near by shower house to survive. Would like to tour the area and possible take in New Orleans. Not big on night life, smok...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

April Trip Along the California Coast?

Hello, friends,I hope you will pardon this not-quite-strictly-RV-related request!Although I live towards the east coast, I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to visit the Big Sur area of California as a wildland firefighter early in my caree...

Gila Cliff Dwellings NM

Hi We will be traveling into New Mexico via Hwy 10 first part of January. I've been researching the area for things to do and see. Has anyone been to see the Gila Cliff Dwellings just out of Silver City NM? From what I read it is a very curvy road...