Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Favorite Vacation Location east of Mississippi River

We are planning this year's vacation. We don't have enough time to head west. We wonder what RV.net readers think is their favorite destination east of the Mississippi River where there is plenty of hiking, possibly biking but not necessary if in ...

Reader1 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

On our way to Florida tomorrow

If you see us toot your horn. We will be in a white Dodge truck pulling a white trailer. The Truck will have two long sea kayaks on the roof with a 17 foot canoe between them.First stop is SC. The second for three days is Trenton, Florida, then on to...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Brookings OR/Redwood CA - April 2014 to stay ?

Question #1 : We are thinking it might be nice to spend 2-4 weeks in Brookings OR along the coast towards Crescent City area ... any suggestions ?Need to be in Toppenish WA by May 15, 2014 .. Question #2 : Then to make the trip up to Toppenish was th...

RoadXYZ by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Jacksonville Naval Station

We have to take the MH out next month to qualify for the deduction.We stayed at Kings Bay three years ag and it was super nice.Do they still require a windshield sticker on MH and Toad?How are the accomodations. Water? elec? and sewer?Any good fishin...

down_home by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Tucson to Zion and back RV Park experiences

We spent the first night at the Blake Ranch RV Park (and Horse Motel - I kid you not), located at exit 66 off of I-40 just 12 miles east of Kingman. Very nice, reasonably priced RV Park. Full hook ups, excellent facilities and a very friendly staff...

Florida Sun Pass

I was thinking of getting a Sun Pass this winter while down in Florida. I checked out the state's website and you can get them pretty much anywhere with a $10 minimum amount put onto the card. Last winter we only used a toll road in the Miami area ...

Hemet,Ca

I'm trying to find a decent, affordable, safe RV resort to Snowbird this winter. I have found Casa Del Sol in Hemet,Ca but only find a few reviews. Has anyone stayed there recently that can give me some insite? Their website looks ok buy very few pho...

NW Washington RV park recommendations ( 5 month stay )

We're going to be picking up a used RV to park in an RV park for about five months while our house is finished up in Whatcom County, Washington. Full hookups and low noise are the main factors, even if the park is 20-30 miles out from Bellingham. ...

Suggestions for spots in Northern California - N of Eureka

We are going to visit relatives during Christmas and are looking for good spots in Northern Ca. The relatives live in Crescent City so I am looking for spots Orick or north. We are traveling from the Stockton area so I would prefer not to drive all...

aussy by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Mission Bay RV resort... Thanksgiving weekend

Nice quiet place... Pulled in weds night. Level paved site,.. No real frills. Pulling out in the AM, wifi of course is really limited... I'm gonna get a ranger here shortly.Staff is awesome, on the ball. Fire pits are $5/day a box of wood (real hardw...

pipe-liner campgrounds

Does anyone know how to find pipe-liner campgrounds? Seems they have a network of small campgrounds that are privately owned and rent to them around oil and gas fields. Most do not advertise. I'm in one now in Pa. which did advertise, of course they ...

rmalik1 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

COE campgrounds in central Texas

Would like to spend a week or 2 in February in central Texas. Anyone have any expert COE recommendations in that area? Interested in fishing but not an absolute necessity. Just want to escape the Nebraska cold for a while..................thanx

dadd by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes