Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Homestead,florida

Heading for the Keys and need an overnight near Homestead,are there any places that allow overnight parking in that area;I mean free;like Wally or Crackerbarrel or something like that; Thanks,Tom

Made it

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 27342511

Merlot by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

overnight on the go Southern Ga, Northern Florida

Planning a trip to Tampa, Fl the week of Thanksgiving. Plan on leaving Friday afternoon before Thanksgiving from Myrtle Beach, SC. Figure to drive no more than about 6 hours. Anyone know of locations in southern Ga, northern Florida along I 95 we ...

Christmas in South Carolina

My wife usually has plant shut down between Christmas and New Years.This year,we are thinking about heading to SC.Do the campgrounds get full during that time? We stayed at Willow Tree last October and would consider that again,but State parks would ...

Bears in Topsail Hill State Park Florida

Just got back today from a 16 day vacation at Topsail Hill State Park Florida and had several reported ranger or camper reported bear sightings in and around the campground area or on the shuttle road to the beach during our stay. We had a large blac...

Quebec driving permit in Georgia

I was told that Georgia has enforce the request of having an english driving permit this was also started in Florida last year but they did not enforce it because of the money brought in the state by snowbirds,Is this a reality?I have renewed my inte...

Gaetan by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Utah or Ariz camping in Dec for the comet: advice?

Supposedly, Comet ISON may put up a show in early December -- comets are hard to predict. But if it does (and even if it doesn't!), I want to head to dark skies in the desert for some photos. So here is my wish list -- dark skies, not too cold, goo...

El Capitan State Beach, California

We had dinner yesterday with friends who were camped at El Capitan State Beach north of Santa Barbara, CA. The weather was beautiful and, more importantly, there were a whole lot of open sites. Wish we had gone with them, but they had made reservati...

Canadians in the states about your Shaw account on line

I'm curious to know if anyone who is presently in the states if they can access their Shaw Direct account on line through their computer.I've tried several times and can't get into my account. I don't know if this is one thing they are doing to stop ...

toban by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Any advice for us on Rio Grande Valley campgrounds ?

We would like to escape Oregon winter and get to a Hot Place (no, not THAT one).....but warm. We have been to AZ in Feb/March and it was COLD.So, the lower tip of TX seems to be a good spot. We are looking for an out-of-the way, quiet, small, few a...

Noel by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Campground at Grand Canyon?

All,We're thinking of a trip next summer to the Grand Canyon, then a couple of days near Vegas. We'd like to stay as close to the canyon as possible, but want full hook-ups. Any recommendations??

Dish TV in Yuma?

We currently have Dish TV bundled with internet and phone from Century Link. I am having a hard time getting info over the phone from them.Can anyone tell me how to go about changing service? We own a park model on a private lot in the Foothills, so...

Ice/Snow on roof at departure time

We are taking our first snowbird trip this winter with a planned departure date of late December.I was thinking about strong possibility of there being snow and ice on the roof of our motorhome when we want to leave.I want to avoid the prospect of dr...

golfknut by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

San Diego

Anyone have a suggestions for San Diego "area" park for a long term stay "3 months" that is resonable? It does not have to be right in town but close enough to spend a day at the beach or other area attractions.Thanks

Lurker52 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes