Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

CG search in MD during off season - easier way?

This time of year is always a bit of a struggle for us as far as camping here in MD. We are at the end of October and the majority of CG’s are closed for the season. Yet often there are some very nice weekends with respect to weather and holidays aff...

Effy by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Jordan Lake SP refurbishing bathhouses? Apex NC

Just noticed on their site tonight they are closing the bathhouses for repairs in section B Crosswinds for the next few weeks. Hope they are renovating them. About my only complaint there other than wishing for sewer hookups. Going to visit my bes...

Bahia Honda Site 25

Has anyone camped at Bahia Honda, Site 25? We will be camping there in March and I have concerns about where the power hook up is on the site. We have a 34' 5th wheel and our power cord connects to the trailer about 3 feet from the rear (typical dr...

Where to camp in Keywest?

We are planning a trip down to the keys and would like recommendations on where to camp in the Keys along the way and Keywest also/ Any help would be appreciated. Traveling in a 40 ft MH and with tow. Thanks in advance

Has anyone been to French Creek State Park, PA?

We're planning a 5-day spring break trip with friends, and are thinking about French Creek State Park, PA. We'll have our class C and a pop-up, and this will be our first time going anywhere with another family. There will be 4 boys with us, ages 8...

AJMom by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Corpus Christi area "safe"???

We are considering going to the Corpus Christi/Rockport area next February. My wife is somewhat "concerned" about whether or not the area is "safe" or not.Any comments??? I thought you snowbirds would have the inside info on the question.

Bird migration is in full force already

I was on I-95 north of Jacksonville Florida for a few miles yesterday and was quite impressed with the number of RV's heading south. Some of them were probably coming down for the annual Florida-Georgia football contest but the number of RV's was qui...

Niland to Quartzsite overnight w/ FHU

I will be in Niland SLABS in Jan.3-13. I will be heading to Quartzsite and would like to overnight somewhere on the way... (either go up to Indio then out I-10 or to Brawley to Blythe and to Q)with Full Hook-ups, just for the night before boondocking...

Sacramento CA, RV Parks

I may be going to Sacramento CA for a week or two at Thanksgiving. Can anybody recommend any RV Parks in the area?

twotoes by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about bay front San Diego RV Parks

We spent one month last year at the Chula Vista RV park on the bay south of San Diego. I was told the Mission Bay RV park on Mission Bay which is north of San Diego was very nice. We looked at the virtual tour that left us with many questions. Hav...

Heading south, then east--death valley rec?

We plan an early spring exit from Washington state to death valley, then east thru Utah parks, denver, Branson, and east. Wondering a few things--Best place to stay in DV--swim, hookups. Want 75-85 temperatures, March ok?Utah--After DV, visit vario...

Pisgah National Forest to Cincinnati.

We are at the end of a great trip down the Carolina coast to the Smoky mountains. Just met up with our son and his family. Looking for a couple of stops between Davidson River campgrounds in the Pisgah Ntl Forest and home in Cincinnati. Looking for s...