Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Pisgah National Forest to Cincinnati.

We are at the end of a great trip down the Carolina coast to the Smoky mountains. Just met up with our son and his family. Looking for a couple of stops between Davidson River campgrounds in the Pisgah Ntl Forest and home in Cincinnati. Looking for s...

Ramblin’ Pines Campground MD

DD just moved to MD we have never camped there. First all the state campgrounds close in late Oct. for camping. Where DD lives (Frederick MD) there isn't much selection and this place reminds me of a KOA (which I hate). I wonder if there is anything...

tomman58 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Hwy 77 in Texas possible flooding - appears open now.

Since 77 is a major snowbird route please be aware that after last nights rain there appear to be a closure on it (town of Rosebud.) Maybe someone in the area can clarify better. Interactive MapFloodingUS0077Northbound and Southbound2013-10-31 4:28 A...

Washington - North Cascades National Park

My husband and I will be traveling to the Pacific NW summer 2014 for a couple months. I am finding lots of info on RV.net on other sites we might visit in Washington, Oregon and Northern California on this trip, however, I'm not finding much info on...

punkin_ by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Car parked at home while gone

Has anyone found a need to add fuel stabilizer (ie. Sta-bil) to the fuel system of any vehicles left parked at home while gone three months over the winter?I know fuels are better these days and was wondering if they are stable enough to not cause an...

golfknut by Explorer
  • 56 replies
  • 0 likes

Meat across the border

We want to bring this meat across the border to Florida,-pea-meal bacon-reg. bacon-pork ribs-beef steaks-beef roastsThanks in advance!!!

RV parks between Bandera & Jourdaton, TX

We are heading out early tomorrow morning (10/31) for Mustang Island SP. Will be stopping on the way down depending what time we get out of town here for 1 night. Has anyone stayed at Tri-Cities in Jouradaton. I know lots of drilling going on in the ...

Bonefish by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

RVParkReviews.com???

Okay...wanted to see if others have had a similar experience with RVParkReviews.com when trying to post a negative review of a park...maybe my situation is unique?Anyway...I tried to post a review about a park that did not honor my incoming reservati...

White Acres Campground - Bardstown KY...STAY AWAY!!!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!We have stayed at a LOT of campgrounds in our RV life...and have always planned ahead by making reservations in advance...So we were planning to do the Bourbon Trail in KY this year on our way back home to Indiana from Gatlinburg.S...

Ridiculously extreme boondocking tips

If you have both unlimited power and water, stop reading -- you don’t need these tips. And if you are still reading, you already know the obvious things -- switch to LED lights, use paper plates so you don’t have to wash them, install batteries with...

Yellowstone this month

Long story short leaving MH in Seattle and taking toad back east, what is to do / see in Yellowstone in the next two weeks. I have only been there in May before.

dauphen island, alabama

stayed at dauphin island, ala.? we are going to the campground this week and wondered if anyone stayed there. not the pelican, the one at the east end of the island. thanks.

jbmoo by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New Michigan State Park System is Operational

It appears the new system actually came online early. You can navigate the site without typing. It all pretty much clicking on menus. Kind of neat, and faster. And, of course, the big thing is the pictures of all of the individual sites.I got a kick ...

JRS___B by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes