Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Florida must-sees - advice please!

HiWe (family of 4 - 2 children 7 and 10) in a class a motorhome are currently planning a road trip around Florida next April. We are starting and finishing in Orlando and so far are visiting Sebasitian Inlet SP, Miami and the Keys, planning to drive...

jorv13 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

white water rafting in GA

we are thinking of setting up a trip for late spring or early summer for a rafting trip in northern GA. any one have any experience or advice on where and when. thanks, al c.

alcaracu by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

What is your favorite Corps of Engineer Campground?

I'm planning a cross country trip, from Texas west, staying at Corps of Engineers Campgrounds. I enjoy the roominess and quietness of the parks and my Senior Pass will give me a reduced rate. I would certainly appreciate hearing of your favorite COE...

Solar to keep stored battery charged?

I have a TT that I store without power. I would like to use a solar to keep the battery charged. I have seen cheep solar kits on ebay for 180. Waste of money or do you think It would do the job? 100 watt panel and contoler by windy nation.

Tropical Storm Karen could close Topsail Hill St. Pk.

Since I have a two week reservation at Topsail Hill State Park Florida beginning Saturday 5th, I called the park this afternoon and ask would there be a possibility of campground closing due to Tropical Storm Karen. The park personnel said if it reac...

For those who have plans for Acadia NP...

Received the following from the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce regarding the government shutdown:From: "Chris Fogg" Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:30:33 PMSubject: Greetings From The Bar Harbor Chamber of CommerceOctober 2, 2013 Bar Harbor And M...

Crowe by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

RGV Leak Test

I'm in the RGV and looking to have a leak test done. I haven't had any luck. Can someone who spends winters here or lives here recommend a place? Thanks in advance.

Federal Park Camping and Looming Government Shutdown

The family (10 of us with four sites total) and I have our annual 12-day trip planned for Elkmont in the Smokies beginning October 2. I am sweating the very real possibility of a government shutdown effective Oct. 1. From what I've read, the park wou...

melhow by Explorer
  • 63 replies
  • 0 likes

Hurricane Karen & Ft Pickens

This storm is coming in. However, as nice as Ft Pickens is under normal conditions, it will be under water for several days. We were there for a week in August. One day a really big rain storm came thru and 2/3 of the campsites were badly flooded.