Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Carlsbad Caverns vs Kartchner Caverns

After talking to several of our members that have done a lot more traveling than my wife and I have about our trip next month. Most suggested skipping Carlsbad Covens and seeing Kartchner Caverns instead. We will still make the Petrified Forest Nati...

wjmblm by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Tell Me About Sequoia National Park

We are native Californian's and have never been there.. We live in the Central Valley and have a 24ft View MH with a Geo Tracker Toad......We want to visit in October during the week..... Will I need reservations?... any other things you can me?????T...

Just_Lee by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Christmas - Between MO and AZ

We will be in Branson around Thanksgiving. Have two months to get to Arizona. We'll probably spend Christmas somewhere in Texas. We're open to suggestions of for "great places to spend Christmas" along the route. Festivals? Something unique? Any idea...

Bad Lands in SD were to stay

The wife and I were thinking of headingup to SD into the bad lands area next year for a week with the kids and the TT. Where are some of the places any of you would suggest. I would rather pull the TT up and park it for a week and be fairly centera...

Majja13 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Border crossing Detroit

I go through the border at Detroit heading south and the last 3 times they have given me problems carrying cash across border. I'm not talking over 10K, more like 3 to 4. I do not like using credit cards or travelers cheques, so they are out. Is ther...

Possible gov shutdown - anyone changing plans?

We are in Maine, near Acadia for the next 3 weeks. I have read that if congress doesn't pass the budget by 9/30, the National Parks will close. Whatever happens in DC, it will be last minute. Is anyone changing their travel plans? No political comm...

klm by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestions for Florida CG

We have been going to Bushnell, FL for the past 10 years and want to find something different. What suggestions do you have for the East Coast and the Gulf Coast? Need a place with interesting things to do and see.

J_E by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

San Diego Co parks Lake Morena ideas

Okay I'm going to ask a very subjective question that hopefully a few can reply to. But first a little preamble. I'm a creature of habit. I know it and I have come to terms with it. I always go to the same campgrounds over and over and over. Lately m...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Brit visit - 5 weeks -Seattle to Washington DC?

Hi, I am from England and have rented a Compact from Cruise America from the 23rd September. I have traveled in the US before some time ago but always using motels. Now I would like to fill in some states going west such as Montana, Dakotas, Wyoming,...

Starter Park in RGV

Have been going to Arizona for a number of years. Being from Iowa the drive is getting to be boring and long so we want to try the valley. Need the names of some starter parks for a week and look around for maybe a three month site. Be leaving Iowa...

Utah's Old Burr Trail

Torrey UT Trip Report: The Burr TrailWe have been attracted to Southeast Utah for many years. Edward Abbey said," God goes here when he's tired of listening to the whining". It has been described as the land of standing rocks where the color red perm...

Josie Creek campground

I posted this on gen RV issues forum, but thought it could go here too.There is a boil water alert at Josie Creek cg near Ladysmith, WI. E-coli has been found in the water source. It's the first time, that we know of.It's a small county cg that has...