Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Las Vegas

Where is best place (safest) for one or two nights of blacktop boondocking in or near Las Vegas?ThanksNick

ntar827 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

best campgrounds for halloween near md

Hi I am looking for a good campground in md va or pa for Halloween for myself, wife, and two daughters 6 and 2. We have been going to Hershey campground for the last 5 years and wanted to see if any places are better.

Look to go to Glacier National Park 2014

Hello all we are planning a trip possibly to Glacier in the summer of 2014. We have been to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Zion, and Bryce. So far the family's favorite is Yellowstone. Driving thru the park and stopping at certain sights works very well ...

danewguy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Three deaths on Wave trail

This should open the eyes of anyone thinking they want to visit the Wave:WaveI've read the story of one well known photographer who spent the night out on the redrock after staying too late and loosing the light. The trail is marked by small cairns (...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Fort Polk,LA

I will be traveling to Fort Polk ,LA next week. I am looking at two campgrounds so far, Shady Lake and Pecan Acres and I am not to thrilled about either one. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at either one of these or could tell me of another plac...

Challis, Idaho

Looks like a nice area for dry camping and there seems to be quite a few FS & BLM campgrounds nearby. Will I have any challenges in finding a camping spot during August along HWY 75 & 95? (i.e. between Salmon & Stanley). Should I plan my arrivals mid...

Howie3 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Raccoon Lake state park near Rockville Indiana

We're looking for somewhere to go in a couple of weeks that has some good hiking. We wanted to go Turkey Run but it's booked up. Nearby Raccoon Lake has sites available. We were wondering if anyone here as been there and what did you think about it.

Mote by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Persimmon Creek CG in Murphy, NC

This is a small beautiful campground in western North Carolina. It doesn't show up under the rv.net search for some reason so I wanted to mention it here. The owners, Karen and Tony, will make you fell right at home. They have all kinds of informa...

Fantasy island campground

Looking for information on Fantasy Island campground in Sunbury Pa. Thinking about going there after Labor day . Thanks

jjcook by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Massachusetts or Connecticut Campground

Hi,We're heading up to Maine and I need a place to stop for the night in Massachusetts near I-84 and I-90. I'd even go for something on the northern end of Connecticut near I-84.I'm waaayyy behind on my planning for this trip since we're leaving this...

Jnbaun by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Miami - Key West - Naples areas

NO RV – This will be a Fly n Drive Vacation as we only have 12 days. Planning a visit to Miami, Key West & Naples areas April 2-12 2014. Will fly in and out of Miami.Points of Interest beyond the cities on my list are Dry Torugas & Everglades. What e...