Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Beach Stop When Travelling from WI to Orlando

Thinking of the possibility of a trip from SE WI to Orlando this summer, and considering a stop for 3-4 nights for a few days at the beach on the way. We could stop somewhere in Alabama or the panhandle, go further down the gulf coast, or even swing...

Longhorn Ranch RV Resort

Planning a trip in May to Yellowstone and looking for RV parks with full hookups in the area. I found Longhorn Ranch RV Resort which is about 1 1/2 hr. away in Dubois, WY, but it has full hookups and is a lot cheaper than those near the park. I was ...

Socorro, NM campground

We had planned on staying at Holloman AFB for the trip out to the Trinity Site but have decided to stay in Socorro at the City of Socorro Rodeo and Sports Complex instead. Has anyone stayed there and what is your opinion? Thanks!!

North Whidbey Rv Park @ Oak Harbor,WA

Thinking of booking this RV park this summer in Aug.Does anyone know any pros and cons about this park?I have read all the reviews online it seems to be nice.a lot cheaper the the other parks in the areaplease and thankyou

Ironwood NM?

Just stumbled on this when adding dispersed cg to my Future Camp spots map. Never heard of it but we plan to visit Chircahua again and Saguaro and I spotted this. Rather ominous that the BLM webpage warns you about border crossers going thru the area...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Jekyll Island Site selection

It's been a few years since we have been there and would like some help in choosing a site. We have a 41' 5th wheel. Sites are D4, D8, D9, or C14-C19. Thanks in advance.

rconkin by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Yosemite in Winter

Hi!Has anyone stayed in Yosemite in the winter? We have a travel trailer so can prepare for the cold!I think it’s possible to stay in the valley with no hookups or outside the park and drive or bus in. Suggestions on an RV park outside?Many thanks..

jukes by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Review of our shakedown Florida trip

First of all, I want to thank everyone here who chipped in to my posts with ideas and suggestions. Second, I want to thank GS for the discounts on the fuel at Pilot/Flying J, which we took advantage of several times. We took off from snowy northern M...

It’s that time again...to have some fun

The LOW temperatures in WPB, FL are the same as the HIGH temps in Mission, TX over the next 10 days. Only problem is it’s 27 degrees this morning in Blairsville, GA and another week before I head south.

Ivylog by Explorer III
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Park Reviews

'm I the only one not happy with the new RV Park Reviews web site. They made an easy website hard to use and find out what info you were looking for

Mission Texas Weather

We've wintered a couple years in Fort Myers. We are thinking of trying another part of the country next year. We are looking at Mission Texas. We keep hearing that the wind is a big deterrent. Is it really that bad? I'm ok with the temps a bit cooler...

ErichK by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Vermont camping area’s

I have camped a lot in upstate New York and New Hampshire but I have never been to Vermont. So, I’m thinking about doing a short trip there in June. I have no idea what areas are better to visit. My wife and I prefer resort style campgrounds but as l...

Hedgehog by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for RV parks near Boston MA

Hello all. Our theme for this year's summer adventure is "Early American History". We will be visiting some of the most historic sites from Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and of course the District of Columbia. 1.Right now ...

Dave5143 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes