cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best sites Hillsborough River State Park Campground Florida

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
We've never been there and the weekend that we are looking at is pretty much wide open. Are there some sites better than others? thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
The winter months are generally the dry season in Florida, not to say that you might not experience a shower. The heavy rains usually occur late June and continue pretty much daily through Sept. in the late afternoon.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We'll have site #67 at Hillsborough next winter. We haven't been there either, so I hope I made reasonably good choice. We'll only be there for 3 nights though, and we can put up with pretty much anything for that long.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
I can vouch for the flooding there. We had a really heavy rainstorm one time when we were there and the roads as well as the sites flooded. It was this time of the year too, usually the dry season, but not this time.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help, I went with site #56 hope it doesn't flood, sounds like that's a problem with that park in the spring/summer

wanderingdawgs
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a few years since we've were there but we camped there several times. Our favorite sites were 106 and 107. Both are large pull through sites.
Beth and Henry
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD/CC/DA
2006 Titanium 29E34TS
wanderingdawgs.com

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/florida/thonotosassa/hillsborough-river-state-park some reviews with site numbers that may help you choose. Go to their reservation link and you can search by site type like 30 or 50 amp, length of rig. There are some 50 amp sites if you need that. Once you select a site, click on enter dayes and you can see photos of each site. Sites are mostly dirt.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi