cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Breakfast In Raton New Mexico

TDHEX
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if any of you have stopped in Raton New Mexico for breakfast and could recommend a good place to eat? We are staying in Clayton Sunday night, and usually eat at the Rabbits Ear cafe for breakfast, but I just found out they are closed on Mondays (the day we are leaving). I thought we would head up to Raton, and then on to Red River. Raton seems to be significantly bigger than Clayton. The main concern is parking for our 32' class C, and my sons 39' toy hauler.Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

TDHEX
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of your reply's. The reason we don't eat in the trailer is that we are traveling with our two granddaughters, and they think eating at a restaurant for breakfast while on the road is the coolest thing ever. We will be cooking all of the rest of the meals in the trailer from there. We are traveling to Raton so the girls can see Capulin Volcano, they have never been and studied about volcanoes in school. Thanks again for all of the suggestions, RV people are the very best folks in the world! Safe journeys to all of you.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
ok we stayed in Raton last year while vacationing out west didn't eat breakfast there but ate at a great little family steak house right down the street from the KOA. The Koa was very nice and clean but the area it is in made us very uncomfortable. Just sayin ๐Ÿ™‚
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't think the OP asked about eating in the trailer.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Why don't eat the breakfast in the trailer?
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
The best food is at the Four Seasons Cafe at the main junction in Raton. The omelets are made from THREE different cheeses.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, if you're going to Red River from Clayton via Raton, then you're going the long way around.

My recommendation is to head west out of Clayton on 56 to Springer. Just north of Springer, hit 58 over to Cimarron and then on to Red River via Eagle Nest.

But before you leave Springer, stop by the historic Brown Hotel and have breakfast!

http://www.santafetrailnm.org/site59.html

๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oasis Restaurant
1445 S 2nd St, Raton, NM 87740

Exit 450 I-25....go north about half mile.......on right hand side

Small place.....good food.......LOTS of wide open parking
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'