cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground around Greensboro

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for an easy pull off for one night rv campground. We will be heading east from Crossville, Tenn to Havelock, NC. We have a small dog not kids. 32 fifth slides. Half way would be around the Greensboro area.Thanks
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!
14 REPLIES 14

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
Debbie, glad Hagen Stone worked out for you folks. We likely passed you heading east on your return as we were in the Badlands of SD when Matthew was forming and made it back home late Friday.

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
huachuca wrote:
Hagen Stone is a County park about ten minutes off the interstate on the south side of Greensboro. We stay there frequently when visiting our daughter who lives in the area. Many of the sites are in a large open meadow bordered by trees. You won't have any problem getting your rig in. Water and electric with a dump station for $20 or $18 for seniors.

Thanks so much. We stayed at Hagen Stone park,it was perfect. We had to cut our trip short because of Matthew and head back home so we stayed there on way back. It poured all night long. Easy to hook up and leave. Nice people pretty place. Great price. Thanks for the recommendation.
Tonight staying at triple creek campground Cosby, TN.

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
huachuca wrote:
Hope you enjoy your stay there. I missed your sig earlier, please tell Randy, from an old buck Sargent, thanks for his service. Safe travels.

Al

Randy also says Thanks for your service.

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you enjoy your stay there. I missed your sig earlier, please tell Randy, from an old buck Sargent, thanks for his service. Safe travels.

Al

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. We made reservations at Hagen Stone Park. The other parks sounded nice and offed a lot. Thanks again. Now I need to start planning the trip back home. Al I will let you know how our stay was. Thanks

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
Debbie wrote:
huachuca wrote:
Hagen Stone is a County park about ten minutes off the interstate on the south side of Greensboro. We stay there frequently when visiting our daughter who lives in the area. Many of the sites are in a large open meadow bordered by trees. You won't have any problem getting your rig in. Water and electric with a dump station for $20 or $18 for seniors.

Hagen Stone park looks great. We were considering it. We looked at map. which campsite do you stay in. Can you recommend a site easy to back in. Thanks.

Debbie, the "C" loop would probably work best for you for a quick in and out. All sites are on the outside of the loop road and relatively easy to back into as the inside is an open field with no obstructions. Campground map Don't be concerned with the close proximity of the sites as I've never seen it more than ten percent full. From the main Park road, you'll make a left to access the campground (from the lower right corner of the map).

When entering the Park, there are separate entrance and exit lanes divided by shrubbery. The entrance lane gate is closed after hours. Should you arrive late, just drive in through the exit lane. If you make it during normal hours, proceed to the campground and pick a site without checking in at the office (it's difficult to turn around in the lot there). Unoccupied but reserved sites will be blocked with traffic cones. Someone will eventually show up to welcome you and handle the paperwork. The staff are great but pretty informal and we often have to track someone down to pay.

Let me know if you have any questions and please post back with your experience (good or bad) if you stay there.

Al

LumpyOatmeal
Explorer
Explorer
KOA - Greensboro is an EZ off EZ on the interstate. We were there in June. A lot of improvment being made, lot of long term campers. It would be OK for an overnite.

Allan:)

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
huachuca wrote:

Hagen Stone park looks great. We were considering it. We looked at map. which campsite do you stay in. Can you recommend a site easy to back in. Thanks.

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
Tanglewood is the only one I know of. Great park, full hook up for pretty good price. Harris Teeter and restaurants right across the street. Easy access. If you stay there try to get a site closer to the campground host, they are more level.
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Tanglewood in Clemmons, NC (half an hour west of Greensboro) -- very nice county park a mile or so off I-40. Many of the sites are very unlevel.

The KOA in Greensboro is right beside the interstate. I've never actually been there but if you don't mind traffic noise it would be very convenient.

Hagen Stone -- haven't been there but we have friends who love it.

Oak Hollow in High Point -- very nice, city owned park that would be just a few minutes' detour from your route. Some of the wooded sites are unlevel. There's an open, graveled section with level but a bit narrow sites. The gravel lot is close to the interstate so there's also some traffic noise.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer

ncrzrbk
Explorer
Explorer
I meant to say it's on the east side of Greensboro and easy on and easy off
2016 Ram 3500 DRW 3.73 "Pearl"
2015 Montana Mountaineer 350qbq

ncrzrbk
Explorer
Explorer
KOA just opened in Greensboro on I-40 heading east. Years ago it was a KOA, I haven't driven in to it but it looks like a lot of nice work going on it there.
2016 Ram 3500 DRW 3.73 "Pearl"
2015 Montana Mountaineer 350qbq

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
not much in the area that will meet your needs. I check Woodalls and rv park reviews.com
We have stopped at Cross Winds Family Campground in Linwood and they do have pull thrus. Just a bit out of the way: Exit I-77 south, then take US70 east, turn south on US601. Then north on I-85 to exit 84 then turn left at the stop sign, cross over the interstate while getting in the left-hand turn lane. Make a left turn onto Wilcox Way (Notice blue campground sign). In 2/10th mile, make a right turn onto Sowers Road. Campground is first driveway on the right.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi