Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground around Kenner La

Tara361
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
We will be traveling to Louisiana this June for our grandsons' first baby's birthday. They live in Kenner and we were looking for a campground close to it. Want something that is safe as we will probably be leaving the coach unattended for periods of time. Don't do much driving after dark. I heard there was a KLA West campground but cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated
Bob
Catty and Bob
2001 Flair 25F
Proud to be an American
6 REPLIES 6

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from class A forum
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
We spent 2 nights at Bayou Segnette a few years back $21 per night, great deal compared to others in the area.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
We always stay at Ponchartrain Landing. It is a nice place on the water and is only about ten minutes from Kenner. The give Passport America discounts. While there be sure to eat at Drago's, the char broiled oysters are fantastic. Enjoy!!!
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
Bayou Segnette State Park. About 15 minute drive to Kenner. Water and electric, prettier and quieter than the KOA. If you decide to stay at Bayou Segnette State Park, exit on I-310 south and go to US 90 east. Exit same way. Do not try to go from I-10 to Bayou Segnette.

x2
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
The closest is New Orleans West KOA in River Ridge LA. We stayed there and it was OK. There is only one way in and one way out so it seemed safe to us. When we were there the interior roads had deep potholes but they may have paved it by now. I wouldn't hesitate to leave my RV there. I would make reservations because it's a fairly small park and books up if anything is happening in N.O. You can read reviews at www.rvparkreviews.com and search for River Ridge LA. It's the closest RV park to Kenner. Last time we went we decided to stay at Bayou Segnette State Park. About 15 minute drive to Kenner. Water and electric, prettier and quieter than the KOA. We have also stayed at Ponchartrain Landing RV Resort but weren't impressed. If you decide to stay at Bayou Segnette State Park, exit on I-310 south and go to US 90 east. Exit same way. Do not try to go from I-10 to Bayou Segnette.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed here and thought it was a little tight but very friendly and safe. We didn't spend the days there but it was quiet at night.