cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground Report: Parkside Campground, Red Lodge, Montana

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
I chose to camp here because I wanted to drive the Beartooth Scenic Byway, part of route 212, but I didn't want to do it in my motorhome, and Parkside is as close as you can get. Just a short distance up 212 it beings to get twisty-windy as it climbs steeply toward Beartooth Pass at about 11,000'. Some folks have driven this part of 212 in motorhomes but the discussion about the road on IRV2.com swayed me not to drive it in my RV. From Parkside I could pop out of the campground on my motorcycle right onto the Scenic Byway, which, by the way, is a way fun ride for motorcyclists who enjoy riding the "twisties". There are lots of curves and the road condition is good. The scenery is awesome too.

The photo shows a view from the Beartooth Scenic Bypass.

For the full review please see my blog RussOnTheRoad
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com
6 REPLIES 6

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
tnscoutr wrote:
Your thread title makes the reader think that the campground is reviewed. All you reviewed was the road.

Oh, I see the problem nowโ€ฆ The link to the review was stripped out of my original post. Please check again.
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
tnscoutr wrote:
Your thread title makes the reader think that the campground is reviewed. All you reviewed was the road.

The link to the whole review was stripped out of my original post somehow. Please check again.

I provide photos of the campground, information about water, toilets, trash, showers, laundry, neighboring campgrounds, nearby town, nearby gas, nearby facilities of all kinds, noise levels, number of sites, firewood and quite a few more things. I have seen few campsite reviews that provide nearly as much information as mine does about Parkside.

tnscoutr
Explorer
Explorer
06 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab Powerstroke
2015 Keystone Hideout 30RKDS

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Parkside last September on a rainy Labor Day night before heading into Yellowstone and were almost the only people there. Nice, quiet woods. Enjoyed the town of Red Lodge, with lots of handwritten signs in store windows thanking firefighters - fires came pretty close last year.

Army11Bravo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great photo. We've driven the Beartooth in a truck, but not pulling our TT. Reading posts on this forum, I'm too shy to attempt it. But it's worth the trip for incredible views and vistas. We're off to camp at St. Mary Campground in East Glacier this afternoon, snow be damned!
Army 11 Bravo - Gulf War Veteran
Wife, Two Teen Boys, Hound Dog (Daisy) & Beagles (Lily & Bailey)
2014 Springdale 267SRTWE Bunkhouse Travel Trailer
2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We're are planning on taking that route next week, but??? We got chased south from Glacier NP by snow, and are now on a friends 40,000 acre ranch just south of Livingston with 3 miles on the Yellowstone River (we may never leave). It is absolutely beautiful with the new snow in the mountains. Warm weather coming tomorrow. We'll keep our options open.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L