Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

campground suggestion around Nashville,

telemark1qc
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks,

I will be visiting Nashville Tennessee this summer in the middle of July on my way back to canada. I would like to know how many days should I allow to visit. What are the things that I must do or visit. Do you have any suggestions on where to camp. I will be coming back from Coppell Tx where I have family.

Thank you
10 REPLIES 10

Kentucky_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
There is plenty to do for at least five or six days. Our favorite family friendly bar is John A's on Music Valley road. Great food and on the weekend they often have up and coming entertainment. No cover charge. We stay at Jellystone, but we are never there in the summer when all the kids are. We didn't care for Two Rivers due to the constant beeping noise from the bus garage next door. If you can stay up, we always go to Midnight Jamboree which is free entertainment. Have seen some big names there. They also have Cowboy Church on Sunday. Lots of tours of old homes, museums, Elvis's recording studio, etc. just walking around at the Opryland hotel is nice.

telemark1qc
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the replies. I will visit every link that you gave. Unfortunately, I can not visit any other time of the year.

Be safe and enjoy the RV season

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Jellystone last spring, mostly because of grandkids that live in Nashville. It is very pricey for what you get, but is right next to Music City, etc. Lots of kids. Did I say LOTS of kids. ๐Ÿ™‚
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Two Rivers is where we stayed...liked it.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

JKQ
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed in Nashville many times as it on our way to St Louis to visit family. Three campgrounds on Music Valley Drive, next to the Opry & close to everything. In my opinion the best of the three is Jelly Stone RV Park. About 400 sites, all pull through, clean & friendly. Three Rivers is old & the least expensive, KOA with the exception of the front sites is crowded & tight. In summer a reservation is a must. Enjoy!
2013 CruiserRv Enterra 314 RES TT, 36ft, 3 slides
2013 Ford F250 Crew Cab Power Stroke Diesel 4x4
Reese WD hitch with dual friction control bars
Dometic 3000 KW portable genset

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Nashville in July. Make sure your air conditioning is working. My son lives there. Nice place to visit before June and after September.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Two Rivers is where we stayed.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Seven Points COE campground and loved it. If you have the America the Beautiful senior pass they honor the 50% off. Only downside is the sites are only water and electric but they have a dump site at the gate. Reservations can be made through Reserve America (Seven Points campground) We stayed 4 days and toured Fontanel Mansion, The Hermitage home of president Andrew Jackson, The Country Music Hall of Fame, Belle Meade Plantation, Belmont Mansion, and the Opryland Resort and Convention center. Four days was not near enough time.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have stayed at Two Rivers - older, smallish sites (which won't be a problem for a ClassB), but friendly staff. You might find slightly nicer sites at the neighboring Yogi's or KOA, but not sure how they have all fared since the great flood there several years ago. All very convenient to the Opryland area of town.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Fellow freeheeler! We spent 3 nights in Nashville a couple years back. Really enjoyed the paddleboat ride (http://www.generaljackson.com/) on the river (go for lunch - less pricey - don't get the inside dinner - the outside lunch on board was great, as was the entertainment!). Plan a meal at Demo's rest. - http://demosrestaurants.com - we had fun spending an afternoon just wandering around the various establishments with music playing. We used Two Rivers CG - fine for out 'B'. Have a good trip! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's