Campgrounds at Cedar Lake, Ouachita Nat'l Forest, OK

Explorer

Campgrounds at Cedar Lake, Ouachita Nat'l Forest, OK

Below is an excerpt from my blog where I write about Sandy Beach, North Shore, Shady Lane, Lower and Upper Overflow Campgrounds in the Ouachita National Forest, Oklahoma. The full report with photos is available on my free blog, RussOnTheRoad, if you are interested. Also on the blog are many other campground and boondocking reports, prodcut reports, interviews and great photos. If you like it look for the Follow Russ text field and add your email address to receive email notices when I update the blog.

The route I was taking was from the Imperial Dam LTVA near Yuma toward Tennessee, a state I had not yet visited. I chose a route of secondary roads that would keep me off the Interstates and take me through the countryside. This was true through Arizona, New Mexico, and the panhandle of Texas. All of these places have some beautiful country including the mountains of Arizona and the gorgeous orangy-red soil of northern Texas. I also followed a secondary-roads route through another state I’d not yet been to, Oklahoma. This route was south of I-40 taking me through the Ouachita National Forest where I stayed at Sandy Beach Campground after looking also at North Shore and Shady Lane–all three campgrounds are at Cedar Lake.
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com