cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds near lancaster

1CASEY
Explorer
Explorer
We camp at lake in woods. Has anyone been to other campgrounds that compare in the Lancaster area
8 REPLIES 8

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
My favorite is Country Acres
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
We have only stayed at Beacn Hill. Nice easy walk to town.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Nebdan
Explorer
Explorer
We camped at Pequea the last 2 nights. It's a real nice clean park. The drive is a little long if you want to be around the center of the Amish activities. I'd say depending on where you want to go it's 20 minute drive on very slow winding roads. If you go there pay attention to their instructions as there is a 11 ft. Covered bridge at their entrance. Tall vehicles need to go around the long way to enter. Beacon hill is in a nice location but that's all I know about them.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have done Pequea Creek. Very scenic. Quite the drive to get in there. One section of road just before the entrance must have a grade in the area of 1:7. Certainly 15% or steeper.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Old Mill Stream
KOA
Spring Gulch
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a map of campgrounds near Lancaster.

1CASEY
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. Lake in woods is still pretty nice but a little different since the owner died and getting more pricy. Will check out the ones you recommended. Happy camping.

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to Lake in Woods.

Also, to quite a few other campgrounds in the Lancaster area.

I am going to say-no-there are no other campgrounds like Lake in Woods in the area. Lake in Woods is truly a resort. Tons to do and a lot of amenities. A place you could go (especially with the kids)for a week and never leave.

Now, with that being said, we haven't been to Lake in Woods in several years. Our kids are grown, and Lake in Woods is a bit far away from Lancaster attractions. We tend to go to Old Mill Stream and Beacon Hill when go to Lancaster.
Kathy