cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds on US16 in Big Horn Mtns.

ekirkland
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking to spend a couple of nights in the Big Horn Mtns. of Wyoming on US16 coming back from Yellowstone in July. Some campgrounds that I've found are Boulder Park, Lakeview, and Sitting Bull. Has anyone camped at any of these and can tell me which is nicer? Any others on this road? We're in a 30' TT.
Eddie & Liz
Auburn, AL
=====================
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost w/MaxTow & HD Payload
Nights camped in 2017 - 53
6 REPLIES 6

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry, wrong road.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ekirkland
Explorer
Explorer
I've gotten reservations at Sitting Bull. Thanks for the help.
Eddie & Liz
Auburn, AL
=====================
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost w/MaxTow & HD Payload
Nights camped in 2017 - 53

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Many years ago we stayed in Ten Sleep. There's a CG on the outskirts of town. Easy walk into town for drinks.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I spent a few nights at Sitting Bull cg, Bighorn NF. on Hwy 16 in late July 2018. It's at 9200 ft. so nice and cool. I got the last campsite, #1, as it is very popular. Very pretty scenery and lots of moose around.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a couple in Worland and I know of one in Ten Sleep that looks good. We have come across the Big Horns a number of times over the years but have not stayed in either location. We usually try to stay in Buffalo (we were disappointed in the "dust" park there) then stay in Cody at the Absaroka CG. Great people and good prices.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We have driven up there and towed, but not camped. We pulled in to one to check it out, but would have to look it up. Have you checked Campendium for reviews? This is a super site with often photos and personal reviews. It's worth a check.

Note - just checked Campendium - all three are up there. The only one without photos, but with a review, is Boulder Park.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton