cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds with Boat Launch Service - Eastern US

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for campgrounds that are located on fresh water lakes/rivers that have boat launch services...Not just a ramp but a fee service where they'll put a boat in the water and pull it back out.

I can easily tow the boat (18 foot bass boat) behind my class C , but launching (while sometimes possible depending on the ramp and surrounding room) is not something I like to do with the RV.

I was thinking it would be a good trip to stay in a nice campground and do some fishing with the boat.

Mostly looking for PA, NY, MD, DE, NJ, VA, WV, TN, KY, NC for shorter trips but would also be interested in other locations for future reference as well.

Do any places like this exist?

Thanks!
21 REPLIES 21

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Apple Island Resort in South Hero, Vermont has a marina/launch associated with it. I thought it was a pretty decently nice campground when I stayed there, and the staff was quite helpful in general. I didn't check out the boat launch myself since I have no boat to launch (and don't know if they offer an official boat launch serviceโ€”I would guess not, though of course the buy with beer trick probably would work there as everywhere).

The Arnold Zlotoff antique tool museum on the site is well worth checking out if you happen to be in the area and are interested in that sort of thing. I had no trouble enjoying an hour there (and it's free admission to boot).

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
New Point in VA right on the bay, Kiptopeke State Park in VA on the other side of the bay, Kerr is awesome. Beer trick required at these.
I have seen many RV launches at Kiptopeke as the ramp area is huge, I would suggest a rear view camera however.
Puma 30RKSS

WillTy3
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.tomscovepark.com/

I don't know if they have a Launch Service, but there is always someone around with a pick-up that could do it for you. Just use the beer trick.

Will
2001 Fleetwood Discovery
2012 Chevy Equinox

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the city campground in Watkins Glenn NY Clute Memorial Park
we were there for a week this fall, not only do they have a city ramp but next to it there is a commercial ramp that I bet would work
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
mgirardo wrote:
Blythe Island Regional Park and Campground in Brunswick, GA has a boat launch into the South Brunswick River. For an 18' boat, it's $6. If you are camping, overnight docking is available - not sure what that costs.

-Michael

Thanks! That looks like a great possibility...

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
Call Satterwhite Point on Kerr Lake (NC/Va). They have a campground and a marina. I'm thinking they will be what you're looking for.

Big lake as well.

Thanks! We are planning a 2 week trip to visit relatives not far from there this May so I'll check it out..

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Try here - - Raystown Lake

Thanks! Been to Raystown many times with just the boat and truck but didn't know if they had a launch service or not..I'll check into it..

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Arrowhead

Stayed here lat summer. Nice park.

Thanks! On my list!

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Before we bought our boat we rented a couple. At one campground I saw a guy with a very nice Class A diesel pusher and a boat. One morning somebody came and hooked up and took his boat down to launch, later that evening same guy retrieved it. But the odd thing was he wasn't with the guy in the motorhome. I ended up talking to him and he showed me his cargo bay rather full of cases of beer. He told me in the past 5 years with that RV he'd never once launched or retrieved his boat. Instead he took the time to fine some young man with a truck that would like to earn a case of beer. Pure genius. I've kept that in mind as I launch our boat with our motorhome, but so far I've had no issues at the places we camp.

Just an idea for you.

Great idea! It might just be worth a try...as long as the beer stays in the truck until after the launch ๐Ÿ™‚

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
lampooner wrote:
They also make battery powered devices for moving travel trailers around. One of those might do what you want.

I had wondered about those...Would they be able to actually pull a loaded boat trailer (2500 pounds) out of the water? Or, in the reverse, have the braking power to keep the whole thing from going into the drink during launch?

I have no experience with them but it seems to me even if they had the power they would lack the weight and traction?? I'd like to be wrong as it sounds like a great idea if it would work...

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
Greydennyhawk wrote:
They can help you at Association Island, Henderson Harbor, NY but only if you want to catch some of the biggest small mouths in the East!
Great KOA get a sun rise or sunset site.
There is a few marinas on Oneida Lake that can help you also, write to me if you want in.
Consider putting a front hitch ball on your C , it works pretty well most of the time, but I have also asked other guys with trucks to launch me, without much trouble. Unloading is easier, as you can move the trailer by hand, if you are close, then hitch it up and pull straight.

Thank you! That looks like a nice place...Definitely on my list for next summer..

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Arrowhead

Stayed here lat summer. Nice park.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Blythe Island Regional Park and Campground in Brunswick, GA has a boat launch into the South Brunswick River. For an 18' boat, it's $6. If you are camping, overnight docking is available - not sure what that costs.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Call Satterwhite Point on Kerr Lake (NC/Va). They have a campground and a marina. I'm thinking they will be what you're looking for.

Big lake as well.