cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping in Moab

yaya
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any suggestions on a campground? We will be dry camping for 5 days, then looking for a campground with full hook ups. There are so many out there, I thought someone would have the old "I have been there and love it" campground.
Thanks in advance
19 REPLIES 19

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Archview RV Resort on the north side of town and OK RV Park on the southern side. Archview was more expensive but nicer and it felt like it was more convenient to what we wanted to see and do. OK RV Park was decent- we were in a long pull-thru with a nice shade tree. We camped there with friends and walked over to the Spanish Trail Arena one night to go watch the rodeo.

I'd go back to either.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

MWJones
Explorer
Explorer
Make reservation now for the Arches Nat Park NOW. It is Great dry camping. See web site.
M Jones
American and Texan by birth
Christian by the Grace of God
Retired and enjoying Traveling and Camping
Spending part of summers in South Fork, Co

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Our favorite is Spanish Trails south of town. If you want to stay closer to town, Slickrock Campground isn't bad, and is a favorite with the ATV/offroad crowd. We have also stayed at Archview Campground north of town. It's a nice park but again, a ways from town but close to Arches NP and the entrance road to Canyonlands NP. All three have full hookups available. Archview has the least amount of shade.

Safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Riverside Oasis a few times years ago, but I think it's shut down. It was a great little campground, and the folks who ran it were really good, too. Pity, if it's gone.
Beyond that, Horsethief CG on the way into Canyonlands NP is nice, if you can get a spot. It's a BLM cg I believe - pit toilets and that's about it for amenities, unless it's changed in the last year and a half since we were last there. Think we paid $12/night? Quiet, dark sky spot. Maybe 50 sites?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
While awaiting a personal response, you can search for 'moab' in the box above.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman