cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canda RV Parks and Fshing

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We have not had a successful RV experience and fishing trip in Canada.
We came close once but we could not manuever even the 32 ft fifth wheel in the province park and left. Since them we have only taken our Motor Home up there twice.
Looking on one site the several parks rates are outrageous, for us, 54.00 a night for what I would call marginal sites, and the most adequate only for small pops ups and shorter trailers. And rates for boat rentals 300.00 per day or so.
This time around we are going to stop the rush to crowd a trip into the schedule and reverse course and make the schedule fit.
Two weeks on or near the water fishing when we want and possibly visiting small towns for antiques, different foods.
Fitting the RV park and boat etc into 1,000.00-1500.00 hopefully.

We plan on taking whatever foods can get past the border in our fridge freezer and pantry.
So... this is not the first time I've asked questions along this line, but again anyone have a park, resort or other suggestion.
This all assumes we will be able/allowed to travel by June.
18 REPLIES 18

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think youโ€™re waaaay too optimistic that youโ€™re going to go camping in Canada before Canada Day, our version of the 4th of July.

The government just announced that the US / Canadian border will not reopen to non-essential travel for at least another 30 days, lets call it June 1st.

The unofficial word is that theyโ€™re afraid a massive rush to freedom will result in a massive rebound. That means a phased-in lifting of restrictions starting mid-July at the earliest.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Wishing you a great trip but hope the border is open for leisure travel by then.

Stay safe, stay healthy and welcome.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, getting foods past the border is an issue IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. Stop the rush and reverse course! Take whatever food you can across the border. 1,000 to 1,500 should fit IMO hopefully. โ€œassumes we will be able/allowed to travel by June,โ€ naturally. Please keep us posted.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad