cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cape Disappointment SP, WA

JT
Explorer
Explorer
A question for those familiar with this park: what are the chances of getting a site at Cape Disappointment SP without reservations in mid-late April? (24' rig) I can reserve if I have to, but would much prefer to go with "jello plans". :@

TIA.
9 REPLIES 9

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I can't answer your question as we will usually make reservations for where we go. We stayed here a few years ago in the fall and really like the park. It had a wood fired pizza vendor in the park about half way to the campsites that made really good pizza.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

JT
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again to all who replied. I wouldn't even consider trying for a weekend, any time of the year! ๐Ÿ™‚ I know that Cape Disappointment is very popular, so will try to lock down dates and reserve. Thanks again.

SH
Explorer
Explorer
Like others have mentioned, weekdays will be your best bet. We have pretty much given up on WA State parks as our life schedules do not allow booking 9-12 months in advance. Cape Disappointment is a very popular park!

Best Wishes!
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Personally, I would go without reservations in April.
It's not until school gets out that things get really busy.
Watch out for three day weekends. . .it could be busy but what holidays are in April.
Even so, Fort Stevens is just across the bridge in Oregon, which I like as much or even better than Cape Disappointment.
I think that you'll be alright without reservations in April.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's supposed to be a "year round" reservation park, so if the dot is green, it's open. If it's red it's reserved already.

You can reserve up to 9 months ahead of time, so if you are trying now and it's all red... Well, there you go... ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

JT
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Hard to tell from the park's website if the "unavailable/closed" sites are already reserved or are just temporarily/seasonally closed. I'll check again in a couple of weeks. Thanks again!

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
We camp there at least 2 times a year...mid April can if iffy. April is Spring break time.

I'd go to WA State Parks and plug in a couple of trial reservations for the time you want to be there. That way you can see if anything is available (you don't have to actually reserve and pay for the site - just explore availability.)

Cape Disappointment State Park LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Early in the week you can probably get a site pretty easy (Mon-Thur). You will probably find that your site is reserved from Fri thru the weekend and you'll have to move sites.

That's pretty much how all the Wa State Parks go these days.

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Only been to the park once -- took me a long time to get reservation which means it's pretty popular ... can't tell you much about April but if it's anything like Oregon your probably OK if kids are in school and it's not a weekend.
Kevin