cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cape San Blas - Video

natureflixs
Explorer
Explorer
I have visited Cape San Blas located on the Florida Panhandle several times. I never ceases to amaze me how beautiful it is. Best viewed in HD mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwxTmtqESwk
4 REPLIES 4

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
When I was a kid we used to go to Cape San Blas by boat as the narrow little road out there was for military vehicles only. The shelling was absolutely fabulous! We tent camped (of course) and I remember one night the wind was so bad everything blew down and we had to huddle under a tarp. I thought it was called "Cape Sand Blast". I am so lucky to have known the Florida Panhandle in the 40's and 50's and so fortunate to have had parents that were young and poor but very adventurous. There is a lot of mystery left, you just have to find it. lizzie

natureflixs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for viewing. I would have really liked to explore the area back in the old days before the tourist boom.

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Spectacular!
You have an excellent eye in the viewfinder.

Haven't been to the great state Florida in many years.
Your video is a reminder of how beautiful the coastline is.

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
That's picturesque of "Old Florida" along the "Forgotten Coast". Just imagine. A short sixty-five years ago, much of Florida's coastline was undeveloped, as we were about 16 million short on population. As a young outdoorsman, I'd never seen or heard of a snowbird. Today, old time natives have to travel far and wide to capture the State's beauty of yesteryear. There are still some places around. But for most, it's just not as close as your back door. Thanx for the link. I haven't been to the Port St. Joe area since Oct. The video is a reminder that it's about time to go back for a month now that school is back in session.
RVn Full-time