cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Casa Grande RV parks

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
I realize it will be warm, but thinking ahead regarding places to park the TT in Casa Grande after the snow birds have headed back home. Probably looking at May or June of 2016. What parks rate above the others.

Rich
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup
11 REPLIES 11

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
was wondering why some of my posts seem to disappear?? I had posted that I had used the wrong word and that post seems to have vanished.
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
All is good but...

the word 'staying' might be better than 'parking'.

Any ways there are about 12 or so places to stay in Casa Grande...some very nice and a couple not so.

With that we winter (stay) at Casa Grande RV Resort which has everything we want and reasonable.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a reason you'd want to relocate to Casa Grande? To work or to retire? There are much better places in Arizona.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
TyroneandGladys wrote:
Depending on what amenities you want consider Picacho Peak State Park just over 30 miles away

Thank you for the State Park info, but since the trip will be to check out the area for possible relocation would prefer to stay in the area.

Rich
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
pappaone wrote:
Traveler II wrote:
Palm Creek is a great park, but after the winter months I'm sure that many of the park activities will be shut down.

Traveler II I was thinking the same thing after I signed off the other night. I got to thinking that after most of the snow birds were gone it really wouldn't matter what park I picked to stay at.

Rich

We've stayed at Palm Creek the last three winters and what we like are all the things to do. The sites are nothing special compared to other places we've stayed at but do enjoy the activities that a guess on my part. It's a bit pricy, not sure of their prices in the summer
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on what amenities you want consider Picacho Peak State Park just over 30 miles away
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Traveler II wrote:
Palm Creek is a great park, but after the winter months I'm sure that many of the park activities will be shut down.

Traveler II I was thinking the same thing after I signed off the other night. I got to thinking that after most of the snow birds were gone it really wouldn't matter what park I picked to stay at.

Rich
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Traveler II wrote:

Not really! Palm Creek has about 500 full time residents.....and continues to grow in that area. Few activities are " shut down " for the summer....although some things like some of the more exotic crafts become less frequent..... A lot of construction and maintenance does take place in the summer which does take some activities out of service at times.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
+1 for Palm Creek.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad