cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Central Florida RV parks and resorts

ddro
Explorer
Explorer
We are asking for some advice as to where we can spend the month of January in central Florida.
We will be taking our 33 ft motorhome and we are looking for somewhere that has a nice park with amenities like pool, laundry facilities FRIENDLY snow birds that play cards, have get togethers and is close to some activities. We will be pulling a trailer with a motorcycle and taking our service dog.
I am totally dumbfounded trying to find a resort or park that we would enjoy staying. YOUR HELP is needed please.
We don't care if it is inland or close to the ocean. We are totally open.
Would like somewhere where it will be at least in the 70s during the day and cool at night.
Any of you willing to give us a helping hand?
Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you.
30 REPLIES 30

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Its Silver Springs and its on the Ocklawaha River.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
jayco302fk wrote:
Trust me on this, Wilderness RV Resort in Ocala. Sits on the Silver River.
When I look this up it says Silver Springs not Ocala is there another one?

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
One more vote for Williston Crossings.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a love hate relationship with it. Love the property and size, the Springs, location but in the summer the Redneck Riviera vibe with the too loud DJ I cant take.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
Wekiva Falls RV Resort outside Sanford. Has a big spring that feeds into Wekiva River. Canoeing, kayaking, huge park with bike riding, clubhouse, very active, near I-4 and Orlando.

We love Wekiva Falls! Lots of friendly people and they have lots of activities. It is close to Orlando but yet in the country.
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

Retiredblade
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Wilderness Rv Camp ground and resort. You have to stay a week or longer to be able to be put into the "preserve area" where only Class A's are put. The area is surrounded by state and National forest, really close to Silver Springs and shopping. I always stay there a couple of weeks, stayed there all Winter for 3 years. Decided I needed somewhere warmer, this place would fit your needs.

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! The rates look good for Themeworld, especially if they keep the PA rates...

fchammer1
Explorer
Explorer
Beverley&Ken wrote:
Wifi: last visit, Theme World only had it in the main building,

It was the same way when we first stayed there -- in 1990.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
At Theme World and Ft Summit, at the front sites, there is some road noise from I4, but not excessive. At the back sites either campground there is none. As of last year only open fields behind the campgrounds. No railway tracks within miles.
Preference, the one with the cheaper rates, there are both very comparable. Theme World currently accepts Passport America 50% discount 365 days a year, no block out times. Sometimes Fort Summit will have special discounts, other than the KOA discount or stay 7days and pay for 6. A couple of times they have a $200 weekly rate, full hookups.
We stay at the one with the cheaper rates offered for that year, Monthly rates are comparable for both.
Wifi: last visit, Theme World only had it in the main building, Fort Summit was so limited, even in a empty park, it wasn't worth the effort.
Cable TV: Fort Summit has cable 60 channels, Theme World No. But using OTA batwing, I got 65 channels.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
How much road or train noise in Themeworld or Fort Summit KOA? Which do you prefer and why? Thanks!

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Boldtning wrote:
Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park in Crystal River is certainly worthy of your consideration. It meets your requirements and is in the Nature Coast area of the sate. Check it out HERE.

This is a nice park. Has FHU and lots of trees. Has a woodsy, state park feel to it.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

jeb5
Explorer
Explorer
Riverside RV Resort. Arcadia address, but only 4 mile from Port Charlotte. They are full, but have a wait list. Always someone with a last minute change. riversidervresort.com Ask for Sue or Karen. This park has everything that you are seeking.
Ford F-350, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, Long Bed
Newmar Kountry Star 5th Wheel

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
I spent one winter at "Ocala Sun Resort" near Ocala, FL and was satisfied with the location and the park.
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

Boldtning
Explorer
Explorer
Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park in Crystal River is certainly worthy of your consideration. It meets your requirements and is in the Nature Coast area of the sate. Check it out HERE.
Jeff & Barbie
2010 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
Dodge Ram 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X2 SRW, 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crystal River, FL/Dillard, GA/ USA