cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CG near Henry Ford Museum Dearborn MI

radio_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a CG with full hook ups near the Museum. Traveling with a 37' FW. Trip will be in mid to late June. Traveling with our Lab & want to stay close.
Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

ggardne2
Explorer
Explorer
The closest campground to the museum is Detroit-Greenfield RV park in Belleville. Detroit Greenfield Website The campground is 24 miles away and total drive time will be right around 30 minutes. With a 37 ft trailer the units up front (104 - 118) are the easiest to get into as there are minimal trees on these sites, the downside is there also is not much shade. The other sites in the campground are fairly heavily treed so you need to be careful maneuvering, doable in the daytime but I would not recommend attempting in the dark. The roads in this park are all gravel and the sites are too so in June you may encounter some amount of dust.

If you prefer a campground with all paved pads and roads than your best option is Harbortown in Monroe. The trade-off is a slightly longer drive at 43 minutes (34.6 miles). You will fit in any site at Harbor Town and the roads are wide and big rig friendly. Harbor Town Link

There are a few other options, but these are the two parks that I frequent the most in the area that are easily accessible to large fifth wheels.

If you plan on visting both the Henry Ford Museum and the Village I would plan at least two days to see both. The weekend of June 16th is the motor muster which brings a large quantity of classic cars into the museum. If you are interested in classic cars this is a great event, but is also one of the busiest weekends of summer at the museum.