cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CG recommendations / Northern California

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a trip up North at the end of the month. Meeting up with friends who live in Antioch Ca. So we would like a CG on the water within a couple hours of Antioch. I asked my buddy but his answer was โ€œ I donโ€™t know I never camp over here โ€œ
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
12 REPLIES 12

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to try Bethel Island...Great place and you will be right on the water.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all, will check them out.

Gottahaveit
Sandy Beach, Brannan Island SP, Suger Barge, Vieras, Jelly Stone (used to be Tower Park) very expensive. These are a few that come to mind...Duck Island is a very nice 55+ park with no frills but full hookups. On edit after looking at your rig there is another small RV park right in Rio Vista. It's next to the "Point" Restaurant. I can't recall the name but I'm sure if you check around you will find it.
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Artsville
Explorer
Explorer
Brannan can get super windy so don't leave awning out......

Dryheat36
Explorer
Explorer
Give Sugar Barge a try. Right on the water with an excellent burger place and bar. Family friendly and can handle large rigs.

Browzin
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
Planning a trip up North at the end of the month. Meeting up with friends who live in Antioch Ca. So we would like a CG on the water within a couple hours of Antioch. I asked my buddy but his answer was โ€œ I donโ€™t know I never camp over here โ€œ

Across the Antioch bridge from Antioch proper, you will find Branon Island State Park and just down the road Duck Island RV Park, there are several others in the area not more than a couple of miles away. Go to RV Park Reviews and you will find what you want.

fidhleir
Explorer
Explorer
I've never camped in that area but check out RVParky. They show a number of campgrounds close-by. I use the android app but I think they have a website too. The closest I've stayed is the Napa fairgrounds which is a small but nice campground (no water though).

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
micpib1 wrote:
Antioch, CA is about a 4-5 hour trip from my home in Northern California. You might get a better response if you look for info in Central California, just a suggestion and hopefully no offence is taken. JH

If you live in the State of Jefferson, Then Antioch would be Northern Cali.

dedmiston
So many candidates for the Not Helpful Award that I can't decide whom to give it to.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
micpib1 wrote:
Antioch, CA is about a 4-5 hour trip from my home in Northern California. You might get a better response if you look for info in Central California, just a suggestion and hopefully no offence is taken. JH

Totally agree!! When I lived in Redding...we always considered anything north of Red Bluff as Northern Ca.
cpaulsen

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
micpib1 wrote:

SF Bay Area is a part of NorCal. Politically, maybe not.
This coming from a former NorCal native and resident.

OP, sorry I don't know of any places in that area, other than some campgrounds in the Delta area.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

micpib1
Explorer
Explorer