cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGs Near Osseo/Eau Claire, WI w/o Minimum Stay Requirement?

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
Hello,

I am planning my return route from out west this coming summer, and it will take me through the Eau Claire / Osseo area off of I-94. I am running into an issue where nearly every campground is requiring a minimum two-night stay. Even a state park has this rule, which I have never encountered before. Unfortunately, I am only passing through on my way home and need just one night. Can anyone recommend a good campground in the area that does not have this restriction? As a last resort, perhaps we'll just stay in a hotel. I will continue searching and update this post if I find something. Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
cracker barrel.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
SuperBus wrote:
naturist wrote:
You don't say WHEN this summer, and that is the kicker. Many, many campgrounds institute a minimum 2 night stay on major holiday weekends, such as Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day. It is because demand is so high, they sell out early, and rather than take a loss on a site they could have filled both nights, they make it mandatory. I have never run into a minimum 2 night stay except on one of those major holiday weekends.

So I'm guessing you are talking about one of those holidays, and all I can say is "good luck" finding one. Might just be the night you spend in a Wally World parking lot.

Given how popular camping is on those weekends, you are very likely to find that finding a place to stay at all on the second night of that weekend will be very difficult. If you really want to camp, this might be God's way of telling you to sit still for that second night.

I know, not what you wanted to hear. I wish I could point you to the campground of your dreams for a single night that weekend. Best of luck finding what you want, and remember to stay safe out there.

Good point, however, I am NOT referring to one of those weekends, as of course it would be obvious that such a requirement may be in place, and if so it would probably be three nights. It is possible there is a local festival that weekend, which would be prudent for me to investigate, and a quick search indicated there was no such thing. We travel a lot, and to many places, and this is unique. Generic weekend stay requirements in the middle of WI? Just seemed odd.
Not all that unique. Some NY State Parks have 2 day minimums throughout most of the summer.

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
naturist wrote:
You don't say WHEN this summer, and that is the kicker. Many, many campgrounds institute a minimum 2 night stay on major holiday weekends, such as Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day. It is because demand is so high, they sell out early, and rather than take a loss on a site they could have filled both nights, they make it mandatory. I have never run into a minimum 2 night stay except on one of those major holiday weekends.

So I'm guessing you are talking about one of those holidays, and all I can say is "good luck" finding one. Might just be the night you spend in a Wally World parking lot.

Given how popular camping is on those weekends, you are very likely to find that finding a place to stay at all on the second night of that weekend will be very difficult. If you really want to camp, this might be God's way of telling you to sit still for that second night.

I know, not what you wanted to hear. I wish I could point you to the campground of your dreams for a single night that weekend. Best of luck finding what you want, and remember to stay safe out there.

Good point, however, I am NOT referring to one of those weekends, as of course it would be obvious that such a requirement may be in place, and if so it would probably be three nights. It is possible there is a local festival that weekend, which would be prudent for me to investigate, and a quick search indicated there was no such thing. We travel a lot, and to many places, and this is unique. Generic weekend stay requirements in the middle of WI? Just seemed odd.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad