cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Corpus Christi Texas Campgrounds

Old_John_T
Explorer
Explorer
Im planning a short weekend motorhome trip to Corpus Christi and want to be on the Ocean (actual Gulf NOT inner bay) and looked at a couple County Parks IB Magee and Padre Bali. Any comments on either or which may be best???

Old John T from Indiana
6 REPLIES 6

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
RckyMtnVia, We're heading to the same area and should arrive the 22 or 23 from St Louis. Sure hope you are bringing some warmer weather with you and leaving the cold behind. It cooling down here now.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving for Port Aransas this weekend and will be staying at Gulf Waters RV park. First visit to island and looking forward to some warm weather since it was 27 degrees in Colorado this morning.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

Robert78121
Explorer
Explorer
I'm always amazed when someone asks about Corpus that no one ever mentions On the Beach RV Park. It's a great campground in an ideal location in Port Aransas and is very reasonable. It's a smaller park, but it's well maintained. Also, I've never had the mosquito issue there that I've had at other places in the area.
Washington DC Area (NOVA)

Camper: 2004 Damon Daybreak 3285 WorkHorse 8.1
Toad: 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - BlueOx
Toy: 2012 Ninja 650 - Versa Haul VH-SPORT-RO

Spent three years full time, so I know a little about it.

Bonefish
Explorer
Explorer
Mustang Island State Park is a parking lot style campsites. 2 campers per slot,table with cover on front door side & table on the back side of the other camper (works for a MH if pulled in forward). Not a lot of distance between campers. Water/electric hook up only. The sand dunes block you from seeing the ocean. I always get on Google maps to see what campgrounds look like or give me idea what to expect.

Sharon

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Padre Balli...essentially, it's a large, reconverted parking lot...there aren't 'spaces' as such, just markings on the asphalt...also, because it wasn't designed from the outset for RV's, you may have to do some head-scratching to figure out how to get the rig parked so as to reach 'your' utility hookups...right between the parking lot and the water is a 8-10' high sand berm...no amenities as such (pool, tennis courts, etc.)...it does have a fishing pier with a restaurant/bait shop...location, location, location!

you should find lots about mustang islandon here...went in once, without camping...just open to the ocean, with parking near the water...no trees or anything...sand and more sand
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
There is the State park on the beach just south of Corpus, on Mustang Island. If you want "resort" style, go on down the beach highway to Gulf Waters Resort. Pricy but nice. Several private parks along the beach as well going toward Aransas Pass.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.