cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dam Neck RV Park

bedardtr
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some answers about Dam Neck's RV Park, has anybody been or know anyone who has stayed there?

Thanks in advance.
2014 F350 4x4 DRW Super Duty Lariat
2014 Forest River Heritage Glen 356 QBQ
DW & DS
1 Siberian Husky
1 Mutt
6 REPLIES 6

bedardtr
Explorer
Explorer
rekoj71 wrote:
I stay there quite often. Not sure what you exactly want to know so I'll shoot from the hip.

$25 per night, or $510 for thirty days. about 60 sites. Stay limit of 60 days in then 14 out. Sometimes not enforced depending on the season. There are several long term campers with permission from the base but it's not overrun with them, and they usually keep their sites looking good so not much of an issue other than some of the biggest sites are almost always filled but there are many good sites and all are fairly level and paved. All have new, good, free, Wi-Fi service, but use a log on page that seems to confuse my Ubiquti or Jefe-tech software.
The campground is backed up to the sand dune that has protected vegetation on it so you can only get to the beach by going to the designated boardwalk on the southern end of the campground or by walking out of the north end and walking through the school parking lot to walk over the berm where there is a designated ramp over the dune. You can't see the water from the camp but you can hear it. The beach is designated the fishing beach and does allow pets on the beach. Swimmers swim at their own risk in this area but it is a popular swimming area. Another area of the beach farther north is set up with lifeguards in the summer for the general military population but can get crowded in the summer so I always set strict rules for my kids and enjoyed the campground beach with a very watchful eye.
There are 2 sections to their campground but both are right next to each other. The old section is the southern section. More trees and grass but some smaller sites. This section also has only a laundry and shower house. It also has the better boardwalk access to the beach.
The northern section has a much larger shower house and laundry in a lounge area that is all housed with the office. The sites are double wide but almost no trees. Some people prefer the northern section for Sat reception although portable dishes can work in the southern section.
They have get-togethers/potlucks on the holidays. Fires are only allowed in raised fire pits that you have to bring with you. Laundry is $1 per wash and per dry. There are also 4 small cabins for rent with bunks and a refer/microwave combo, but no running water, but they are right next to the southern shower house.
This camp doesn't have many amenities like the KOA or the Holliday on General Booth but it is a much cheaper option for the military. It's about a 10 minute drive to the main Virginia Beach Boardwalk beach and all of it's tourist attractions.

If you want more specifics let me know.

I was there a few years ago for school, & am going back for another school. Looking to stay there as opposed to a hotel.
Thanks, you are great at shooting from the hip.
2014 F350 4x4 DRW Super Duty Lariat
2014 Forest River Heritage Glen 356 QBQ
DW & DS
1 Siberian Husky
1 Mutt

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
I stay there quite often. Not sure what you exactly want to know so I'll shoot from the hip.

$25 per night, or $510 for thirty days. about 60 sites. Stay limit of 60 days in then 14 out. Sometimes not enforced depending on the season. There are several long term campers with permission from the base but it's not overrun with them, and they usually keep their sites looking good so not much of an issue other than some of the biggest sites are almost always filled but there are many good sites and all are fairly level and paved. All have new, good, free, Wi-Fi service, but use a log on page that seems to confuse my Ubiquti or Jefe-tech software.
The campground is backed up to the sand dune that has protected vegetation on it so you can only get to the beach by going to the designated boardwalk on the southern end of the campground or by walking out of the north end and walking through the school parking lot to walk over the berm where there is a designated ramp over the dune. You can't see the water from the camp but you can hear it. The beach is designated the fishing beach and does allow pets on the beach. Swimmers swim at their own risk in this area but it is a popular swimming area. Another area of the beach farther north is set up with lifeguards in the summer for the general military population but can get crowded in the summer so I always set strict rules for my kids and enjoyed the campground beach with a very watchful eye.
There are 2 sections to their campground but both are right next to each other. The old section is the southern section. More trees and grass but some smaller sites. This section also has only a laundry and shower house. It also has the better boardwalk access to the beach.
The northern section has a much larger shower house and laundry in a lounge area that is all housed with the office. The sites are double wide but almost no trees. Some people prefer the northern section for Sat reception although portable dishes can work in the southern section.
They have get-togethers/potlucks on the holidays. Fires are only allowed in raised fire pits that you have to bring with you. Laundry is $1 per wash and per dry. There are also 4 small cabins for rent with bunks and a refer/microwave combo, but no running water, but they are right next to the southern shower house.
This camp doesn't have many amenities like the KOA or the Holliday on General Booth but it is a much cheaper option for the military. It's about a 10 minute drive to the main Virginia Beach Boardwalk beach and all of it's tourist attractions.

If you want more specifics let me know.

Mr__Patches
Explorer
Explorer
Currently have friends staying at the Dam Neck campgrounds and they say it is pretty nice. Must be pretty nice as they have been there a couple of months. The Oceana Naval Air Station also has a campgrounds that is suppose to be nice. You'll need base access to get to these campgrounds as they aren't open to the general public.

Rich & Miss Ivy
BunFest Express II

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Dam Neck Corner is the intersection of Dam Neck Road and General Booth Blvd. in Virginia. The entire area is Military. There are Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine bases there. I was in the Navy in 1969 and spent six weeks awaiting orders at the Fleet Anti Air Warfare Training Center there. There are (or were) a couple of RV parks on General Booth Blvd. north of Dam Neck Road.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Where?
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
It would help to know what state and city it is in.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One